[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worst poet ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: joan.png (181KB, 358x458px) Image search: [Google]
joan.png
181KB, 358x458px
worst poet ever?
>>
No, that would be me.
>>
>>8727334
Didion doesn't qualify as a poet. Some dank essays though.
Also that's a really fucking stupid question. All you'll get is "famous but overrated" responses, when the worst poet nobody knows because it's not like they got published. They're insignificant.
>>
Mira González
Tao Lin
>>
Larkin, probably. Or André Breton.
>>
Walt faggy assed jerkoff Whitman
>>
>>8728535
I second this
>>
ITT stupid fucking children that parrot opinions they think will make them appear intelligent, all the while not having read shit by the poets they decry. Larkin is great, Whitman is one of the greatest poets to have ever lived. I dare you to read 'On the Beach, at night' by Whitman and still hold that opinion
>>
Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles,
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and slipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turling dromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!
>>
>>8728576
More like o craptain my craptain amiright? Nah honestly though I don't get the Whitman hype I'm sorry, no need to discredit us all, it's just not my kind of lit
>>
>>8728584
That doesn't mean he's the worst poet to ever live you fucking moron
>>
Women really shouldn't write.
>>
>>8728586
Nah you probably are
>>
>>8728584
You have probably read like, 3 whitman poems, think that all he ever writes is exalting poetry with a lot of O!'s, and have formed a reductive dismissive opinion on him as a result. Read more than his meme poems
>>
>>8728593
>Gertrude Stein, Sylvia Plath, Kate Chopin, Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Go read some Hemingway you testosterone-addled cuck
>>
>>8728599
Listen, guys, I understand you like Walt Whitman. I just don't really fuck with him, I've read at least 12 of his pieces and I've not been left wanting more, sorry. I'm sure you guys love it, I just do not, I haven't found anything of his that's worth it to me
>>
>>8727334

No, the worst poet ever was a spontaneously occurring 60-carbon-atom Buckyball that existed briefly in the low atmosphere above Helsinki in 1892. You would think its singular upbringing would translate to a fresh perspective on poetic themes, but its insights were shockingly banal. Also it possessed the most merely facile sense of rhyme, nor was it deft at any intricacy of scansion. (going to go visit that pretentious adjective thread now)
>>
>>8728616
hey man it's cool with me if you have shit taste, was just trying to help you escape plebhood
>>
File: mike.png (344KB, 449x412px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
344KB, 449x412px
>mfw someone likes Allen Ginsberg or Emily Dickinson near me
>>
>>8728686
There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking Emily Dickinson. Ginsberg I can agree on
>>
>>8728722
Either rhyme or don't.
You can't just rhyme every line in your poem except for two.
>>
>>8728726
/lit/ is such a shit hole
>>
>>8728726
nice bait
>>
>>8727334
>worst poet ever?
Me. Hands down.
>>
>>8728726
r u retard ?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.