[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does her work have serious literary merit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Does her work have serious literary merit?
>>
Goldfinch is way too long, but good
>>
In mid-2014, Vanity Fair reported that the book had "some of the severest pans in memory from the country's most important critics and sparked a full-on debate in which the naysayers believe that nothing less is at stake than the future of reading itself." James Wood, book critic for The New Yorker said, "Its tone, language, and story belong in children's literature." London Review of Books called The Goldfinch a "children's book" for adults.[33] The Sunday Times of London said "no amount of straining for high-flown uplift can disguise the fact that The Goldfinch is a turkey." The Paris Review said, "A book like The Goldfinch doesn't undo any clichés—it deals in them."

No.
>>
File: CtT1pwJUIAESD_u.jpg (117KB, 564x651px) Image search: [Google]
CtT1pwJUIAESD_u.jpg
117KB, 564x651px
The Secret History is much better than the Goldfinch, and definitely more cerebral and focused. Check that one out instead.
>>
>>8725340
Motorboating her breasts has more literary merit than her work desu.
>>
>>8725340
"Anon I'm very dissapointed in you, I noticed that you leaved the house without your buttplug, now mommy is gonna have to peg you with a dragon dildo you hear fucking worthless slut, all because you can't even be a whore right, come with me you worthless human sextoy"
>>
The Goldfinch is a rarity that comes along perhaps half a dozen times per decade, a smartly written literary novel that connects with the heart as well as the mind...."--Stephen King, The New York Times Book Review

lol nice lefthanded compliment
>>
>>8725389
“A book like The Goldfinch doesn’t undo any clichés—it deals in them,” says Lorin Stein, editor of The Paris Review, perhaps the most prestigious literary journal in America. “It coats everything in a cozy patina of ‘literary’ gentility.” Who cares that Kakutani or King gave it the stamp of approval: “Nowadays, even The New York Times Book Review is afraid to say when a popular book is crap,” Stein says.
>>
>>8725364
Hear me out: not that I'm disagreeing with your claim, but rather only the justification you provide for it. Specifically, only the last two quotes cited in your post sound definitively and unambiguously negative. The others are not quite as much. For example, characterizing a piece of fiction as "children's literature" should in no way be view as inherently disparaging or expressive of a negative attitude. One might argue, for example, that Lewis Carroll is children's literature (in fact, I would dispute this claim, but at any rate. . .), and yet the Alice stories are arguably some of the greatest writing in the English canon.
>>
>>8725409
>children's literature

she just tryin to get some of that harry potter money
>>
>>8725409
children's literature refers to it as being juvenile

hwo can you think its affirmative criticism when im sure Tartt thinks she writes serious literature
>>
>>8725409
That's a very good argument, but ponder this. Is there a character that could EVER defeat Uchiha Madara? And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyuseishu Futarime no Rikudo Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushodo, Shurado, Tendo, Ningendo, Jigokudo, Gakido, Gedo, Bansho Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sozo) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Futon, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yoton and even Onmyoton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai (capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujo because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudodama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudo Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kotan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.
>>
>>8725604
I bet Itachi could
>>
>>8725676
I honestly cannot remember if he had any involvement it was that unmemorable.
>>
File: IMG_5706.jpg (39KB, 548x753px)
IMG_5706.jpg
39KB, 548x753px
Is she our girl?
>>
>>8725375
And just remember, when she wrote it, she was still hot. While EVERY WORD YOU READ was being fashioned, she had a moist young beautiful pussy. Every little shift in her chair, probably even every single keystroke made her pussy move and squish around just a little bit inside her, her boobs jiggle and sway and mush together sexily. You are reading something that caused a beautiful young woman's big fucking tits and hot wet pussy to move, constantly, endlessly, for hundreds if not thousands of hours. You are reading a manifesto of blood, sweat, and pussy juice. You're taking an engine of sustained pussy perturbation, turning it inside out, and painstakingly inscribing every single constituent letter of it onto the deepest regions of your mind, intimately associating the pleasure of reading it with the process of constant tit jiggling it created. You're practically making love to an eternally young Donna Tartt every time you turn a page of The Secret History. They say if you are truly careful, if you truly savour it, you can sometimes smell hints of her perfume, or feel her thigh brush against your hand.
>>
>>8725378
Not much to motorboat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.