[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drinking and Reading Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 30670004400_d7b37af1e7_k.jpg (719KB, 2048x1158px) Image search: [Google]
30670004400_d7b37af1e7_k.jpg
719KB, 2048x1158px
So, I have a glass of my favorite Dornfelder Red Wine. Very sweet, and smooth. Plus I'm reading Mark Russinovich's "Zero Day" book...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9763010-zero-day

Gotta say for myself... while the theme and story is very compelling and scary, the execution reads like a buzzword filled book to show off that he's passed his "Certified Ethical Hacker" exam. Lots of explanations of terms and techno babble. While it actually does make sense, it comes off as way too preachy.. I'm about 70% done, but honestly, not sure if I"ll read the sequels... The dialogue and characters are just so cliche and stiff, it's hard to read without chuckling for the wrong reasons..

Anyone else read this or similar techno "cyber" thrillers?

What are you all reading/drinking on this chilly Sunday night?
>>
bump for not being drunk yet.
>>
File: DSC_0618.jpg (3MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0618.jpg
3MB, 4608x3072px
>>8721523
Noice unicomp, real schway.
>>
Just finished reading No Longer Human, was drinking water and coffee

It's monday afternoon here though
>>
>>8721523
Does Gibson count as a 'cyberthriller'? I'm reading his 'Idoru' right now with an eye to getting onto his real-world stuff afterward. And it's Monday afternoon here in China and I'm enjoying a pint of Carlsberg at an expat pub and reading 'A Brief History of Seven Killings'. So far all the hype seems justified. It's fucking big, though, and I'm not sure how it will sustain itself for that long.
>>
>>8721954
the gibson cyberpunk is the sprawl trilogy and some of his short stories, most of what he wrote afterward is exactly that thrillers.

>here in china
nick is that you?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.