[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone read this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is it good? And are this authors other books good? I like the sound of grippy conspiracy theory books but it looks like Reddit-tier autistic scifi.
>>
>trippy*
>>
>>8721510
I consider it quite formative.

Start with The Illuminatus Trilogy. It is certainly trippy, and laid a foundation for a lot of conspiracy stuff that came later. There are a lot of Robert Anton Wilson lectures available online. Listen to what he has to say, if it resonates with you, you will like his writing.

>Reddit-tier

I wouldn't know, I've never been.
>>
>>8721510

this one was weaker than Masks of the Illuminati and Illuminatus
>>
>>8721534
True

I personally liked Reality is What You Can Get Away With, which was kind a screenplay with pictures.
>>
The Illumanatus Trilogy was good.
>>
Is it important to read Prometheus rising before reading any other works by RAW?
>>
>>8721510
Robert Anton Wilson is not Reddit tier. Anybody who thinks this is not seeing what's going on in these books
>>
>>8721576
Not necessarily. A lot of people start with Illuminatus, since it is more like a conventional story which will introduce you to the trippiness.
>>
>>8721510
It's playful but not profound.
>>
i thought they dated really quickly, but then again a lot of writing from the 80s did. i lost a bit of respect for RAW when i found out how much of the Schrodinger's Cat books were re-worked pieces of his earlier work "The Sexual Magicians".

also, he *really* wanted to be James Joyce.
>>
>>8722016
>he *really* wanted to be James Joyce.
source?
I never got that from his writing. I thought he wanted to be Aleister Crowley by way of Timothy Leary.
>>
>>8722033
youtube search his name along with Joyce. Also stylistically it's quite apparent, he tries to imitate Joyce's stream of consciousness and apply it to esoteric subject matter
>>
>>8722119
>Wilson also supported the work and utopian theories of Buckminster Fuller and examined the theories of Charles Fort. He and Loren Coleman became friends,[25] as he did with media theorist Marshall McLuhan and Neuro Linguistic Programming co-founder Richard Bandler, with whom he taught workshops. He also admired James Joyce, and wrote extensive commentaries on the author and on two of Joyce's novels, Finnegans Wake and Ulysses, in his 1988 book Coincidance: A Head Test.[26]

I suppose I see your point. But not to an excessive degree. I mean, who _doesn't want to be Joyce, on some level?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.