[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your reading habits? Meaning this: what do you mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (902KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
902KB, 900x650px
What are your reading habits? Meaning this: what do you mostly read? Fiction? History? Philosophy? A mix?
>>
>>8721366
Philosophy exclusively these days.
>>
Whatever I feel like reading
>>
>>8721366
When I'm in college I only read short stories to relax from studying. When I'm vacations (e.g. summer) I read philosophy and fiction.
>>
>>8721366
mostly philosophy. sometimes delve into some of the literary cannon
>>
>>8721366

All fiction, aside from a few memoirs and biographies. I'm trying to get into nonfiction, but I'm surprised at how little I care about the world (I just can't get into history, philosophy, and science). I am reading Robert Hugh's The Shock of the New, which is about modern art, and I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>8721366
So much British literature as of late. I enjoy finding a quite place where I am alone and reading aloud to myself. The British have a way of writing as if they are speaking eloquently. Finishing up the works of E.M. Forster at the moment.
>>
Mix it up! There is a shelf dedicated to "the next book." All sorts of reasons get a book placed on that shelf... different reasons also bring it backoff.

I typically alternate between a fiction every few non-fiction.

Nonfiction: current publications (Wired, Science News), math and science (Matt Ridley, Assmov, Sagen, Dawkins) non fiction, Philosophy (Rand)

Fiction: Mostly sci-fi, fantasy or historical-fi
>>
Mostly /lit/ recommendations, actually. I finally started Gravity's Rainbow (wtf have I been memed? Can't tell yet), and recommendations from my editor (Glamorama which seems to have inadvertently influenced my current novel)
>>
omg. Asimov.
>>
>>8721366
Fiction and War Memiors
Trying to start reading Roman texts like Cicero, but I always get side tracked when I go to the library and pick something up, even though I already have a short list of what I am to read next.
>>
>>8721436
You're being memed.
>>
>>8721472
That's kind of how I feel. It's an audiobook, so I can background it while I draw. I'll give it a few more chapters.
>>
>>8721478
What is the point of backgrounding a really dense book? You will get absolutely nothing from it and then you will feel """""memed"""" or whatever.
>>
lol I memed myself.
Only question is why my phone would auto correct Asimov to Assmo. wtf
>>
>>8721429
i thought i was going to have to tip for a hot second but you redeemed urself with Rand
>>
>>8721492
I feel like I'm absorbing as much as I can. Not my usual cup of tea, but I'm gaining some familiarity, which was my point.

I wouldn't say it's "dense" so much as rambling.
>>
>>8721412
>>8721460

Paul Scott's "Jewel in the Crown" series was good.
Shogun
The General (Forrester)

Also, Mary Roach: Grunt
>>
History, philosophy, fiction in that order.

I love a good history book. Philosophy sort of mixes into history pretty regularly, and you can get some interesting history out of philosophy.

I just read bits of fiction to break up the above, I consider it more of an entertainment than a pursuit in and of itself.
>>
>>8721521
huge fan. Was hoping Galt would have whisked me away by now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.