[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I gather the courage to just drop everything and move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1478573119686.jpg (27KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1478573119686.jpg
27KB, 500x384px
How do I gather the courage to just drop everything and move to Maine so that I can finally dedicate myself to writing literature?
>>
>>8721072
Are you the same guy who posted about his fantasies in which he got a gf first, _and then_ moved to Maine to write lit?

What is it about Maine? The lobster is tasty, but the winters are brutal and the citizens are clannish.
>>
>>8721077
>Are you the same guy who posted about his fantasies in which he got a gf first, _and then_ moved to Maine to write lit?

Yeah, that's me, friend.

>What is it about Maine?

Well, New England has always interested me. And incidentally, I figured Maine is the best state there because its the northern most state, bears great nature, has an abundance of sea shore and lobsters, and contains a low population. To be honest, I don't know much else about Maine-- I've never even visited before. But I'm planning on going sometime soon. I'd probably choose to live in or relatively close to an urban area, now that I think about it...

Winter and snow there is something I'm definitely aware of, friend. And it isn't even all that bothersome to me, especially because the part of the country I'm from never experiences New England snowfalls. Moreover, DUDE LMAO just got passed. That right there tells me that Maine's populace has got to be relatively cool. They also have great gun laws, which means I can own firearms and hunt game. And realistically, assuming I've gathered sufficient courage by then, I'd probably move to Maine, despite not having a girlfriend. Geographically, it's cornered and cut off by New Hampshire and surrounded by Canada, so I'm sure the women there are different from the rest of the sleazy women in America, and getting a girlfriend should be no problem.

Maine seems like the perfect place for me.
>>
>>8721146
Extremely over idealist.
>>
>>8721163

Thanks, tripfriend!
>>
The grass is always greener. I think that wanting to go somewhere new, like Maine, is a desire to be out of your comfort zone. There are cheaper ways to do that.
>>
>>8721072
give us two of your best sentences before we suggest anything. Don't be a p***y
>>
File: 1471573500040.gif (492KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
1471573500040.gif
492KB, 500x298px
>>8721203
>give us two of your best sentences before we suggest anything. Don't be a p***y

Water splashed the sobbing man as he drowned his boy in the bathtub. He then gazed upon the lifeless body and recited the Lord's Prayer one last time before pulling the revolver to his temple and squeezing the trigger.
>>
>>8721203
I went to the walk my dog on the cold and stormy eve. It was barking rough out I tell ye. It had been 3 less than an forthnight since me sheila left me and I was feeling like a dingy out on the breaking sea. Just me and good ol woofy holding down the fortress.

I had the craving for lobster, twas allergic to shellfish, and my ex lady left me with the taste of crabs. I was crabby. Shouldnt let 1 apple spoil the barrel is what I have never said before. Anyway, it was bark and stormy night, and we were huddle together around the digital fire when a lightning bolt struck a near tree and me and woofy no longer needed to be let out.
>>
>>8721384
>>8721397
thanks for trolling
>>
>>8721397
Do you not know how to count?
>>
>>8721411
Checked, swell satanic trips brah
>>
>>8721146
I think you have some interesting pre-conceptions about Maine. You should certainly go, and find your reality there.

In all actuality, you will discover that whatever it was that is the source of your discontent is still with you in Maine (including the lack of gf, or inspiration for writing), plus whatever isolation and hardships might be inherent to relocating to a new place.

But it is important to allow fantasies to become goals, for that is that is the actualization of the will.
>>
>>8721173
that's a namefag, newshit
>>
>>8721795
Reee
>>
>>8721146
>>What is it about Maine?
>Well, New England has always interested me. And incidentally, I figured Maine is the best state there because

people might mistake me for the next Stephen King
>>
>>8722011
It's a comfy state, faggot. Do you expect me to move to NYC like every other pseud? Bite me.
>>
>>8722025
>to move to NYC like every other pseud?
Brooklyn fag here. Confirmed, there are more than enough pseuds here, and all you are doing is driving up rent.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.