[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What first edition books would you pay more than $1,000 for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: sot.jpg (231KB, 418x640px) Image search: [Google]
sot.jpg
231KB, 418x640px
What first edition books would you pay more than $1,000 for?
>>
>>8720364
(if you had it)
>>
that looks like trash dude
>>
one of the books of the bible
you could probably sell it to a museum for millions
>>
>>8720379
It's a great book actually. Probably Vonnegut's best.
>>
>>8720364
>A picture of the Sirens is supposed to be so beautiful you cry.
>They attempted to draw it on the cover

Also
"A remarkable and terrifying novel of how life might be for space travelers of the future"
What. No.
>>
>>8720588
>vonnegut best
lmao
>is the best turd in this pile of shit!
>>
>>8720364
None. It's just a bunch of paper pages with ink on them. No book is worth a $1000, hombre.
>>
>>8720773
>DUDE VONNEGUT SUCKS LMAO
Great insight buddy I've never heard it before very illuminating everything I thought I'd gained from reading Vonnegut is suddenly meaningless keep posting you're an asset to the board
>>
>>8720629
Either he's intentionally mimicking pulp aesthetics, or they thought that would be easier to sell. Here's a cover made after Vonnegut got famous.
>>
File: plebbit ethos.png (12KB, 1449x114px) Image search: [Google]
plebbit ethos.png
12KB, 1449x114px
>>8720793
nice butthurt there mate
>>
File: 76687.jpg (50KB, 700x532px) Image search: [Google]
76687.jpg
50KB, 700x532px
This and the original run of "War and Peace" in Russian.
>>
>>8720588
I do not understand the praise this book receives. It was all over the place.
>>
>>8720823
That is gorgeous.

>>8720810
Yeah, done to sell more copies. I just found it funny.
>>
>>8720823
is that a coca cola advertisement? lmao
>>
the Bible
>>
Songs of Innocence and of Experience
>>
The Epic of Gilgamesh

XD Looks like I beat your system haha I outsmarted you once again bozo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.