[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best books about Ancient Egypt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: king-tut-with-gods.jpg (3MB, 2691x2118px) Image search: [Google]
king-tut-with-gods.jpg
3MB, 2691x2118px
What are the best books about Ancient Egypt?
>>
>>
>>8720118
ebin
>>
>>8720118
do white people unironically believe they were ancient egyptians?
>>
File: 31412451253152352.jpg (75KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
31412451253152352.jpg
75KB, 850x400px
literally any book by him. dont fall for the /pol/ "egypt wasnt black" memes
>>
>>8720155
WE
>>
>>8720164
>no argument
>>
>>8719989
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Mertz

This lady wrote some really solid introductory works on egyptology and history
>>
File: Egypt v. Nubia.jpg (169KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt v. Nubia.jpg
169KB, 1100x733px
>>8720155

I know that the Nubian Conquest Dynasty was a thing but there's no evidence that all Ancient Egyptians were black.

They probably looked more like Copts or Berbers or Arabs.
>>
>>8720164

WUZ
>>
File: 12412412qweq.png (2MB, 800x1146px) Image search: [Google]
12412412qweq.png
2MB, 800x1146px
>>8720214
yet for some unknown reason sphinx looks black right? and pharaoh huni?
>>
>>8720215
KINGS
>>
Ancient Evenings by Normando Mailer
>>
File: Egypt2.jpg (27KB, 448x311px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt2.jpg
27KB, 448x311px
>>8720223

The Sphinx looks more like a wog to me m8.

I'm sure that the Egyptians had the odd African in the woodpile but you're grasping at straws. This is as embarrassing as those Nazis who claim that the Greek and Roman ruling classes were Nordic Aryans. Why don't you try being proud of your own accomplishments instead of riding the coattails of a civilization that died out thousands of years ago?
>>
>>8719989
Oxford history of ancient Egypt, edited and compiled by Shaw, is a breddy gud one volume overview stretching from prehistoric Egypt through Roman times. Highly recommended.

>>8720134
I have never met a white person who believes this, except in regards to Cleopatra, who likely fit most people's conception of being white given that the Ptolemaic dynasty was Macedonian Greek. Most white people (in America at least) see ancient Egyptian art and the fairly reddish skin therein and assume, together with the modern Arab demographics, that the Egyptians were somewhat more tanned Arabs. Growing up, most portrayals of the ancient Egyptians, both in biblical and in secular contexts, that I saw portrayed them as fairly Arab in appearance (again, except Cleopatra).
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
This debate is retarded. The majority of Ancient Egyptians mostly look like their drawings of each other, similar to how modern Moroccans do but obviously there were a bunch of other Africans around too at varying strata of society, including sometimes very successful ones. They were not mostly "black" or "white" they were Mediterranean-Arabic.
>>
>>8720300
>Mediterranean-Arabic
They weren't Arabic, the original Egyptians came from the west and settled in the Nile. They were North African, but not necessarily "black".
>>
File: Genghis Khan.jpg (33KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
Genghis Khan.jpg
33KB, 400x250px
>>8720134

>what is a Hollywood movie

Movies with white actors sell more tickets. In fact almost all Hollywood actors used to be white. Nobody "unironically believes" that the Egyptians were white.

It was just movie producers trying to make more money, not racism or anything. Nothing to get worked up over.
>>
>>8720320
I just mean they looked somewhere between how Mediterranean and Arabic people do, not that they came from either place. If anything, their genes went into both those places and contributed to how they look today.
>>
WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET by Jamal Richmond Youngblood
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.