[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would qutting most of the internet(except for music, films) to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: t3_56aq4x.jpg (68KB, 750x425px) Image search: [Google]
t3_56aq4x.jpg
68KB, 750x425px
would qutting most of the internet(except for music, films) to focus your free time mostly in becoming a better reader be worth it?

I feel like it has obliterated my memory and focus after 10-11 years of continuous use, though this may be just confirmation bias, because quitting internet to solve all this seems like a very silver bullet kind of solution.

does anyone have any experience with trying this sort of experiments?
>>
I felt like reality was much more real. Would read everyday in the morning and afternoon, and by night would walk. Internet only for checking email from 2 to 2 days quickly on my phone, in case I got any teacher emails or other important things.
It's very peaceful a sense. This lasted for some months.

Now I'm back here because teachers insist on forcing us to use the Internet and the computer for projects, research, etc., despite me telling them that libraries are beautiful places and that paper-writing is sublime. What I don't say is that 1+ plus of Internet and I'll end up being on 4chan eventually, and with dumb though quick thought processes.
>>
After a few months of quitting video games I noticed my brain fog start to lift, but you have to keep in mind that, when you go cold turkey from instant gratification, other activities will be boring for a while. There is a scientifically proven detox period of about 3 months while your brain adjusts.

So don't just go full into reading. Get outside, try lots of activities.
>>
>>8718803
I probably stopped really browsing the internet for 3 to 4 months or so because i was getting sick of feeling like everything I said was just some mindless variation of something i read on the web. During this period I picked up reading for the first time in my life.

It was definitely refreshing and I would recommend it.
>>
>>8718803
>would qutting most of the internet(except for music, films) to focus your free time mostly in becoming a better reader be worth it?
You should *precisely* quit music, movies and videogames, fag.
>>
>>8718885

I don't really play videogames, but why music and movies?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.