[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my english teacher when i was 15 read a short story i wrote;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: author.jpg (12KB, 275x167px) Image search: [Google]
author.jpg
12KB, 275x167px
my english teacher when i was 15 read a short story i wrote; subject of said story was about in ww1 where 2 friends are in a situation where one has to execute the other as a result of cowardice in jumping over the wall, kind of moral of the story was zooming out over battlefield and jumping into third person to show how insignificant each persons story was, of course also a good glimpse into the horrors of war, and in the end you were just a corpse left to rot with thousands upon thousands of other "numbers". im actually studying an engineering degree now but thats beyond the point.

the after-mentioned english teacher, this was told to me through another history teacher frustrated at me because he believed i didnt apply myself to my full capabilities and coasted, said that this story was one of the best things he's ever read.

so my point is, do i have a duty like dfw to write hard fiction? should i try and become the next pynchon friends?

i think it seems fun, possibility of it giving some meaning to life i suppose. tempted to start my work on the story asap. desu theres an undercurrent of thought urging me to switch majors to english but i suppose its not worth it considering im guaranteed job security for life with STEM
>>
>>8718594
If you are really that torn then go to university for an extra year and double major in lit and engineering. If you suck at writing you still have a job.
>>
>>8718601
do you think theres any possibility for someone to make a name for themselves in fiction without a uni education and just self taught through reading books that, i'll be honest in stating my process, in reading books that everybody else online say are really good and worthwhile
>>
>>8718605
yes. You'll need to be physically attractive and sleep with at least one publisher though.

>>8718594
You have no duty to society, do what you want. You fluked a story that is dull and unoriginal by western canon standards, even if it was better than expected from a high school kiddo. Don't flatter yourself.
>>
>>8718619
>You have no duty to society, do what you want

fucking millenials i swear to god
>>
>>8718631
i was being "post"-ironic senpai
>>
>>8718631
But he's right. Except that if you decide that you don't owe society anything, you should expect the same treatment from society
>>
>>8718594
>the after-mentioned
lel sublime bait
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.