[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesnt /lit/ have a book of the month like /r/books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

why doesnt /lit/ have a book of the month like /r/books?
>>
It takes me far more than a month to read any book
>>
>>8716926
lmao
>>
Give yourself ten minutes to think about it. Then you won't have to post.
>>
>>8716920
Because we can never agree on anything
>>
>>8716993
Pfft, yes we can, you pleb.
>>
>>8716920
Because I don't think wikipedia pages count.
>>
File: 1340190075404.png (51KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
1340190075404.png
51KB, 339x298px
Eww
>>
>>8716920
thanks for your daily bait thread
>>
>>8716920
because this community isn't homogeneous
>>
File: 1399471192763.jpg (277KB, 1180x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1399471192763.jpg
277KB, 1180x1204px
/lit/ has tried a book club many times, they fail because people here either don't read, have already read the boring classic that everyone decides on ages ago, or just doesn't care to be in a book club

Some mad man even tried to get /lit/ to go through the Western Canon in chronological order and it didn't even make it past the Greeks
>>
The majority of /lit/ doesn't read and the few that do are far to pretentious to read anything that would be selected for a book club.
>>
Why the fuck would I stop reading what I'm currently reading and instead pick up something that you fags suggest? You can all go to hell as far as I care.
>>
Ididnfidfn
>>
>>8717232
Thats my post, sorry.
We should have a book of the Monte but who should be in charge?
>>
idk I read Gravity's Rainbow with the reading group last year and it went... fine. The only problem was I think only a few other people actually kept up with the reading schedule, and if the discussion thread went up when those few people weren't on /lit/, they wouldn't go anywhere, which discouraged the people still trying to keep up and make it worth it, which lead to fewer and fewer participating, and so on.
>>
>>8717001
Kek
>>
>>8717230
Wait people don't read here? What's the fucking point?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.