[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Brecht?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (29KB, 220x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 220x321px
Thoughts on Brecht?
>>
He's supposed to be an exceptional playwright, I think he's forgotten now though outside of europe.

Haven't gotten around to him yet but I've bookmarked a few of his play collections I've been meaning to get around to.
>>
>>8714816
regressive left
>>
>>8714816

people who think they can change society with art, especially fine arts like theater, are deluded
>>
>>8714834
Just read the Dreigroschenoper. There were like five good lines
>>
A nonentity. Means nothing to me.
>>
The only reason I know of him is through Walter Benjamin who apparently wrote about him extensively. That said, I haven't read any Benjamin either, but I've always wanted to.
>>
Incredibly important for anyone studying German lit.

Shame about the hair though
>>
>>8714834
he's very well known in American theatrical circles

>>8714843
Boal, maybe. Brecht, not so much. Alienation effect is very real and thought-provoking in a general audience, especially one not used to Brecht's style.
>>
>>8715009
- 'i know about him through Benjamin'
- hasn't read in Benjamin

Oh Anon :')
>>
He looks like a nerd and a coward, and I would bully him relentlessly.
>>
>>8714816
Quite hit and miss for me. His use of alienation is interesting although some of his didactic plays tend to veer into preaching an almost unquestioning obedience to the party.

The resistible rise of Artuo Ui fell a bit flat as the setting seemed far too flippant for being an allegory for the rise of hitlerism

Caucasian chalk circle is my favourite play of his
>>
Mediocre degenerate. Quasi-kike.
>>
>>8714834
Funny enough, from what I gather he's relatively famous in China - there was a recent production/evening with Chinese scholars of Brecht in Perth. No wonder as he openly supported communism.
>>
I can imagine him (Bertolt) just pissing on his own face, expression and micturition very measured and rational, observing with the dispassion all true theatremasters must have aplenty the warmth of the liquid, how it stays a while on his cheek and lips, the sensation of it dripping down to his chinny chin chin.

His penis is erect, as it always is when he urinates. But he feels no arousal, no pleasure, even as his cranium is stormed with veritable boatloads of phenylalanine-born invaders. Only a cold, slight shivering sense of triumph.

He is alone in the green bathtub. It's 5 in the morning. And he has an idea for a play.
>>
>>8714816
seen a london production of threepenny opera and liked it -- very punk
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.