[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (243KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1001x1001px
Is there anything in classic literature that will relieve the need for catharsis that is typically supplied by modern media? Will I ever feel the artery in my neck throb with excitement while in the midst of a well written novel? Before i'm called a pleb, i'm a lover of literature in general, but i do occasionally miss the feeling of cheering on an underdog in a pulp action film, or watching a crude anime with magical forces clashing. I've tried things like Orlando Furioso, but they don't quite cut the mustard. Just curious if anyone shares in this plight, and how they manage. I assume it's just being a little less strict with myself and giving in to the junk food on occasion.
>>
>>8713522
ah well.
>>
Nah literature isnt really for that
Try music
>>
>>8713611
i can't cheer for an underdog in music. i really don't think you understand, but that's okay.
>>
Literature is not escapism you stupid idiot. Literature is serious, dangerous stuff, if you dont get it, then go back to your "cinema - la vie", you cancerous retard
>>
>>8713742
Sorry, i think i got panic attack at peeling peas. I have nothing against you
>>
>>8713752
well, I have a shitload of shit against you
>>
>>8713522
>Will I ever feel the artery in my neck throb with excitement while in the midst of a well written novel
Happened to me once when I was reading The Count of Monte Cristo. The Cavalcante/Villefort trial scene.
>>
>>8713793
same, that book introduced me to classic lit. i dearly love dumas. i'm also a huge lover of the russians, it's just hard to find extreme action and adventure that's the same level of some of the instant gratification in modern entertainment.

>>8713752
hey, no hard feelings. i know that literature is not for that, and it's not really escapism, i get more of that from the more thoughtful novels i've read, no, i want to feel alive and afraid and excited, and introspection can't always deliver that to me. like i said, i'll probably just end up reconciling and appreciating supercharged cathartic violenceorgies when i have the tooth for it, and stop trying to force literature to strike that chord for me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.