[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he have to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why did he have to die?
>>
>>8713463
Go back to your containment thread
>>
Because it was easier to get attention through killing off all the characters than by writing well.
>>
>>8713463
To leave a place for more "interesting" characters. Say what you like about GRRM's writing but someone like that would probably get assassinated in irl medieval Europe.
>>
>to get Tyrion out of King's Landing
>to get Sansa out of King's Landing
>to get Tywin killed
>to get a puppet put on the throne and make the Baratheon/Lannister hold on the throne even weaker as the Tyrells and High Septon get influence over Tommen (this would not have worked on Joffrey)
>to get Margaery married to a young child leaving her virginity still in question which later becomes a major plot point
>to further Cersei's descent into madness and paranoia
>to cause friction between the Lannister and Tyrells (they were involved in his murder)
His death is actually very important in moving the plot along
>>
>>8713466
I give him more credit than that, the death of Ned Stark was a brilliant work of plot device.

As the books progressed he was just feeding off of his own droppings.

>>8713534
Or even a virtuous smart version of him.
>>
>>8713463
Because this HBO and it has to have *some* claim to being edgy and alternative, even when it really isn't at this point. So now their idea of being edgy and unique is just predictably killing off characters and everyone pretends it was shocking.
>>
>>8713463

All part of Euron/Varys plan to make it easier to crumble the current establishment, cause riots, mass murder, rape then have Aegon come in and make him look like the hero king he wants.
>>
>>8713557
This is a retarded criticism. Any idea how commonplace death and assassinations were in the middle ages?

I'm not the biggest GRRM fan but come on, you can find a better criticism.
>>
Joffry was a Fun character,a personality so twisted he made Caligula look like a choirboy. But no matter how fun a monster can be,eventually you'll be at the business end of his guillotine. So you put the mad dog down.
>>
>>8713463
because dude im killing them all so unpredictable lmao XDDD
>>
>>8713985
It's basically a soap opera, except people die instead of cheating on their spouses.
>>
He was too hateable in the show. Show writing is really boring and one dimensional.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.