[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i think we can all agree that johnny is basically /lit/, no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: naked.jpg (805KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
naked.jpg
805KB, 1920x1080px
i think we can all agree that johnny is basically /lit/, no?
>>
Johnny probably based his entire life on the misconception that Nietzsche was a nihilst.
>>
>using /lit/ as an adjective to encompass all the traits you hope to emulate to further your pseud image

>>>/fa/
>>
>>8712186
OP here. My point was actually that Johnny is basically the typical /lit/ poster, which is a criticism of /lit/ for all the reasons you've pointed out.
>>
>>8712191
Explain how he is
>>
>>8712114

I've watched part of this movie, and I know that it's a minor indie meme.

Even by edgy standards, what I saw indicated that the character was a total unattractive unlikeable cunt, along the lines of what we now dismiss as a "fedora", if not in terms of irreligion then certainly in terms of shabby dress, misanthropy, and above all overestimation of his own intelligence.
>>
Im not really as pretentious as johnny but i do feel the isolation of wanting to have meaningful conversations with people that dont really wanna talk and ending up despising them because of they lack of interest.

Let's say that johnny is basically a /lit/ poster in the pre-internet era.
>>
File: UxTmJlQ.jpg (57KB, 564x854px) Image search: [Google]
UxTmJlQ.jpg
57KB, 564x854px
>>8712191
forgive my ignorance lad

my apologies are sincere and from the heart
>>
>>8712199
a (potentially pretentious) narcissist who uses literature to justify and reinforce his own nihilistic self-entitlement, selfishness and overall shitty behaviour to others.
>>
>>8712227
i forgive you, but only because i really like that monkey
>>
>>8712114
Literally me except for the rape.
>>
why did he kill the old lady with the axe?
>>
>>8712171
neechee was a (self-hating) nihilist
>>
Pretty much, although he is somewhat of an exaggeration. I don't see the typical /lit/ poster (pretentious, self-important, depressed 20some year old) be that aggressive or even extrovert. Plus, one of his main traits is that he's misogynistic, sexually frustrated and (almost completely) lacking in such morals. As for his pretentiousness I'd say that's debatable. He doesn't really say anything too outrageous and it's also implied that besides what you said in >>8712230 , he's so verbal and he's preoccupying himself with all those thoughts in order to get away from himself and not face the banality of life and people, or even his own (the scene where he first leaves his ex-girlfriend's house, he's pacing back and forth like crazy, barking at the others, looking like he's having an anxiety attack or something, all because it's too quiet in the room).

>>8712209
>didn't even get what the film was about
anon pls
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.