[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/psychedelia general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7668.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7668.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
for discussion of mckenna, shamanism, etc. i think all authors should, at a minimum, try psilocybin.

what entheogenic (ha) substances have helped your creativity?
>>
>>8710452
w2c psilocybin
>>
>>8710457
weed dealers may know. for some reason, traditional psychedelics have become rarer - i think because of the rise in use of molly (which has replaced the party drug aspects of LSD), and the increased use of marijuana synthetics. best bet for these things will always be college kids, but maybe with marijuana legalization it'll all open up...
>>
>>8710465
thx i'll ask around, true facts about molly I personally don't like the stuff for productive reasons.
>>
>>8710452
yeah shrooms are cool, the main thing is moment.
>>
>>8710510
moment?
>>
>>8710452
Yeah psyches are cool, but shit like McKenna, Robert Anton Wilson, and Aldous Huxley's writing on psychedelics is all low-brow pseudoscience and pseudophilosophy. They basically present classic philosophical ideas in a diluted and trivialized form, while suggesting or acting like they are somehow profound and original, and also attempting to give there ideas a false sense of rigour by "substantiating" them with historical and scientific evidence that is completely inaccurate and misinterpreted.
>>
what do you people think of http://www.alchemystudy.com/downloads/Emerald_Tablet-Carty(plagiarized_from_Hauck's%20book).pdf
>>
>>8710558
To add to that, in my opinion, the best writing on psychedelics can be found in Maurice Merleau-Ponty's "The Phenomenology of Perception" as well as Thomas Metzinger's popular work "The Ego Tunnel", and/or it's academic counterpart, "Being No-one".

Also Rick Strassman, Alexander Shulgin, and Timothy Leary are all hack despite there "credentials". That's not to say they weren't intelligent or interesting, but their work reflects a poor level of understanding of the philosophy and methodology of sciences and the mind.
>>
>>8710452
LSD. I don't think any psychedelic should be used long term, frankly I overdid it way back when. Despite what I may think, I can not deny LSD broadened my imagination and altered my worldview. It's a powerful tool in experienced and courageous hands. This is the substance that maximized my interest in expressing my creative potential, whatever that might be.

>>8710563
>Shulgin a hack
The guy that synthesized unknown psychedelics and documented his experiences, a hack? I don't know what else he wrote besides TIHKAL/PIHKAL; I have to disagree with you. The guy was, at the very least, a trailblazer.
>>
>>8710588
he didn't say shulgin.

>>8710558
i agree with the sentiment - but some of it is out there enough to be fun as thought experiment. there are other genres of shit though - not just those guys. but im with you, the attempts to prove the efficacy of these things 'objectively' is always misguided
>>
>>8710563
Shulgin is not a hack. Strassman and Leary are, in my book at least

I have done a plethora of psychedelics now and i have found lsd to be the most useful while reading (only micro doses tho).
Outside of doing anything intentional, mescaline, 2-cb, dmt (if youre into it), mushrooms, and acid are all valuable explorations of the mind that i am glad ive done. Mescaline is roughly my favorite all around experience but acid and 2-cb get close.
Also dissociatives... ketamine, 3-meo fuckyeah
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.