[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been reading and enjoying more and more science fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: H1howyJ.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
H1howyJ.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
I've been reading and enjoying more and more science fiction lately and have been recommended to read Isaac Asimov by a few friends who have enjoyed the books I too have.

I went ahead and looked on eBay and found an auction for 58 of his works.. I knew it seemed excessive, but it was cheaper than purchasing the 7-8 of the books of his I had been pointed towards separately.

So, what does /lit/ think should be the course of action here? Any particular titles in here that you highly recommend, or perhaps even titles that you've read and don't recommend I invest my time into right away?

As for the excessiveness.. I'm more than aware, it would certainly take something very special for me to grip to the same author for such an amount of books. We'll see, though. I'll probably distribute them throughout friends.
>>
Well, I see you have some short story collections there, so dip your toes in with that. But you can't go wrong with the Foundation trilogy.
>>
Ubik is a must read in my opinion. I found Philip K. Dick hard to read in the beginning (and still do sometimes), but that book is great, and probably his best. His work grew on me over time. I would definitely recommend him.
>>
>>8708215
is that all the asimov books there ever was
>>
The only sci fi I really liked was Neal Stephenson
He doesn't know how yo end a book tho
>>
File: Indian_Science_Fiction.jpg (25KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
Indian_Science_Fiction.jpg
25KB, 270x350px
>>8708666
Nah, he had over 200
>>
>>8708686
is that right. is nemesis any good?
>>
dude just get an e-reader, don't waste all that space for some sci-fi books
>>
>>8708215
I recommend reading, in this order,
I Robot
Foundation
Foundation and Empire
Second Foundation
The End of Eternity

And that's about it out of what I've read. The Gods Themselves is neat but not that great and Caves of Steel and it's sequels were bloated mediocrities.
>>
>>8708730
ereaders are for noobs noob
>>
>>8708215
I only read Foundation. It was bad.
>>
>sci-fi
>not reading stanislaw lem
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.