[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ludwig Wittgenstein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: onebook.jpg (351KB, 1216x756px) Image search: [Google]
onebook.jpg
351KB, 1216x756px
Anyone here read his one book? How is it?
>>
>>8706561
Early Witty (Tractatus): meh
Late Witty (Untersuchungen): based
>>
Ignore everything but the Philosophical Investigations.
>>
I read his diary desu
>>
fucking hardcore dude
>>
youre all a bunch of fags.

ignore pi. thats just a sketchbook written by his vanity.

his real work is everything he wrote after the so called grammar.
>>
What are the prerequisites for understanding his Philosophical Investigations?
>>
>>8707586
Kant, Hume, the Stoics, Spinoza, about half of Russel, the Pauline Epistles and the complete works of Edmund Spenser.
>>
>>8707586
Tractatus, Russell, Frege, familiarity with the general aims of philosophy. He didn't really give a shit about the history of philosophy so its not as important as reading Hegel or someone like that
>>
>>8707600
Thanks. I'll borrow Tracatus from the library.

>>8707593
How do you think he relates to Spinoza, aside from the tractatus title?
>>
Yes, it's actually pretty damn good -- even if Witty threw away a good amount of it with P.I.

It's still an important book to read from Wittgenstein and I always suggest reading it BEFORE P.I. so you know where he's coming from and what his initial philosophy was.
>>
>>8707586
Analytical Commentary to the Philosophical Investigations (8 volumes),
Newton Garver's This Complicated Form of Life

Go back to the Tractatus later
>>
>>8707666
how can one obtain all eight volumes without spending a fortune. I hate reading on the computer so if there's a way to avoid that...
>>
>>8707586
It's mostly a response to solipsism. So obviously Descartes, though Kant, Hegel and for comparative purposes Schopenhauer is also good. You can just read it and see how you get on, it's an awful lot of musings.
>>
>>8706561
Was he the last great philosopher /lit/?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.