[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good books discussing heresies of pope Francis and books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_466343033143077.jpg (90KB, 843x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_466343033143077.jpg
90KB, 843x901px
Any good books discussing heresies of pope Francis and books dealing with heresies throughout history and how the Church dealt with them?
>>
>>8706392
Crosslets, when will they learn?
>>
>>8706392
What's going on with the Orthodox cross?
>>
>>8706432
Did you just assume my gender?
>>
>>8706392
Those are the worst chi-rho's I've ever seen
>>
>>8706432
A the top plank is where it was written "King of the Jews", the second plank is were the arms were nailed, an the third plank was where the feet were nailed.
>>
>>8706578
Doesn't the third plank symbolize the two robbers that were were crucified with Jesus; the other went up to Heaven, while the other one ended up in Hell?
>>
>>8706599
Holy...
>>
>>8706392
One of my friend's parents are theologians, and according to him they have no problem with Francis.
>>
>>8706628
They are heretics then too.
Or ignorant of his words.
>>
File: heresy-cover_2175694a.jpg (50KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
heresy-cover_2175694a.jpg
50KB, 220x293px
They had lots of ways to deal with heresy as they took different forms. Everything from all out war and crusade, merely ignoring them until they withered away or partially adopting the heresy. A lot of heresies were probably just local cultish behavior with a charismatic leader which were already gone by the time someone got around to writing up a condemnation. A few of the famous church councils actively put heresies to rest but many more had little to no effect and needed another later council to try again.
>>
>>8706674
Thanks for the recommendation, I will look it up.
>>
>>8706635
You know what, fuck you. Fuck you and fuck christianity. If people who dedicatedly study a religion can end up as "heretics", then what are the common religious people? If the theologians and even the fucking pope are heretics and wrong, what should I believe, whom should I trust? Am I supposed to spend years reading and analyzing the Bible myself? Even if I do, some faggot will call me a heretic as well, and tell me that I'm going to burn in hell for an eternity.

I'm dead serious now - what should I do? Who is correct?
>>
>>8706626
?
>>
>>8706724
>Who is correct?
The Magisterium, The Holy Tradition and Scripture itself.
>>
>>8706724
>some faggot will call me a heretic as well, and tell me that I'm going to burn in hell for an eternity
You shouldn't really get worked up by those kinds of people, in my opinion they seem to have missed the point. "Heresy" is one of the original buzzwords.
>>
File: zizkek.gif (804KB, 350x215px) Image search: [Google]
zizkek.gif
804KB, 350x215px
>>8706827
>"Heresy" is one of the original buzzwords.
This.
>>
If Francis were a heretic he wouldn't be pope. The moment he commits heresy he loses his office. That said, he's never said anything heretical. He's said some stupid opinions about issues that aren't covered in dogma, but that isn't heresy. Every other instance of "heresy" I can think of are just popular misinterpretations of his statements, usually by the press, voicing orthodox positions poorly.
>>
>>>/his/ - history and humanities
>>
File: 1371910666118.gif (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1371910666118.gif
2MB, 426x240px
>>8707409
F U C K Y E S I FOUND AN INTELLIGENT PERSON
>>
>>8706599
Huh, really makes you think...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.