[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on a story and I could use some ideas for characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1465956498568.jpg (332KB, 832x873px) Image search: [Google]
1465956498568.jpg
332KB, 832x873px
Working on a story and I could use some ideas for characters which I could allude to who themselves are an embodiment of a particular sin. I would to have 7, one for each sin, to really help give some extra depth. I can look into the characters to decide just how well they'll fit the allusions I wish to use.
Thank you in advance!
>>
File: TheSevenWhoFled.jpg (37KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
TheSevenWhoFled.jpg
37KB, 338x500px
OK.

Let me get this straight. You are trying to channel the ghost of Prokosch?
>>
>>8703196
Thank you!

If the outcome of my writings ends up being the summoning of Prokosch's ghost, then yes, I am trying very much to do that.
>>
File: 1461791073662.jpg (209KB, 700x884px) Image search: [Google]
1461791073662.jpg
209KB, 700x884px
>>
>>8703178
>not reading the KJV
>>
>>8703178
>it's a "characters allude to one of the original sins" episode
>>
>>8703909
KJV? Are you talking about the Bible?

>>8703927
Yes, yes, it's a more-than-overdone concept. But I'm giving it a different spin which is actually fairly unique.
If I wanted your critique, I would've asked for it. Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>8703993
Tell me about your unique spin, anon?
>>
>>8703178
Have the characters be the exact opposite of their sin, as the story and the characters progress it is realized that their respective sin is necessary to survive, also there's 8 sins
>>
>>8704005
You'll just have to trust me. I've been working on this idea in partial for a few years, and in major the last few months. All I'll say is, purely to give it a vague face, it has loose aspects of Dante's Inferno and Cloud Atlas with much other influence, including my own life, which allows it to cover classic to postmodern ideologies, philosophies, and other social and esoteric conflict.
It just so happens that vices and virtues never don't play a role in decisions, so I'd love to have some modern or 'non-cliche' allusions instead of blatantly stating the nature of certain causalities
>>
>>8704081
The sins may be classified as 7 or 8. But 7 is much more pertinent to the progression and resolution of the story.
>>8704081

Throughout the story, the main characters 'friends' will each suffer from a particular sin which they allow to unknowingly control their lives. Their sin of suffering also brings to light a particular virtue which they can't help but cling to so as to keep what little humanity they have left. The main character sees there vices clearly, yet not his own. So through the story, the man meets several woman who all represent a virtue he has neglecting, and each woman is presented in a way so that they reveal to him the sin he has been unknowingly allowing to hinder his pursuit of that virtue.

There's many more layers on top of that which add more complex interactions through multiple characters over time, but this is a near and dear idea and I'm not going to post it all. Thanks for the advice though. This is just something that is already very much worked out. Right now I'm just tackling some settings, certain themes, and loads of other symbolism, allusions, and metaphors to keep depth
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458158417065.jpg (27KB, 482x213px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458158417065.jpg
27KB, 482x213px
>>
What the heck is Omar Mateen? Sounds like a Disney character.
>>
>>8704672
Hes the guy who shot up that gay bar in Orlando.
>>
So far the guy who asked about Omar Mateen has gotten more resolution than I.
>>
>>8704831
well maybe if you shot up a gay bar people would pay more attention to you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.