[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the heck do people focus so much on his antisemitism? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 14221-t-s-eliot-quote.jpg (157KB, 1008x552px) Image search: [Google]
14221-t-s-eliot-quote.jpg
157KB, 1008x552px
Why the heck do people focus so much on his antisemitism? It wasn't in any way important for his work or ideology, and yet it gets the most attention, and is even used to downplay his achievements.

/pol/ please don't respond.
>>
Because his poetry was perfect and they needed something else to criticize him for.
>>
>>8703167
It's easy to milk for controversy and academic moral point-scoring.
>>
Virtue signalling.
>>
>>8703213
he sucks tho

>>8703223
/pol/ leave
>>
>>8703167
A man can build 1000 bridges and suck one cock, and he will be remembered as a cocksucker, not a bridge-builder.
>>
Because Jews control the western world and force the media to focus on it.
>>
>>8703950
a man can suck 1000 cocks and build one bridge and he'll be remembered as OP.
>>
>>8703167
For real though, how did he react to the Holocaust? What was the significance of it to him?
>>
>>8704404
He thought it was a bit of a shit thing to happen
>>
>>8703167
Because kikes will milk every shekel they can out of goys.
>>
>>8704484
/thread
>>
>>8704412
Not such a poet anymore huh?
>>
>>8704412
Harold Bloom said he didn't care.
>>
Pseuds like to make themselves feel important and the easiest way to do that is to nitpick at the character of great men to take them down a peg.
>>
>>8703167
Because antisemitism is good and everyone secretly wants another shoah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUiTzy7KA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1w6irNav4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ZYO3K9gFE
>>
Because people don't understand that genuine literature is art for art. The only thing that matters is style. Humanism, morals are irrelevant. Hence why CĂ©line is still the greatest French writer in spite of being a Nazi antisemite.
>>
>>8705292
>art for art

Utterly meaningless cliche
>>
>>8703950
What if it's his own? Then he'll forever live in our hearts as the contortive bridge constructor.
>>
>>8705360
Haha I love reddit humour
>>
>An bookwise, intensely clannish and extremely activistic group with a culture of critique operates within a hyper-altruistic environment
>pwees, no /pol/ stuff I'm afraid! I am OPEN MINDED.

OH NO, it's probably because "antisemitism" is very very interesting to average literary people.
Back to plebbit, retard.
>>
Humans find gossip more interesting than art, and probably will until Kingdom Come.
>>
Anyone rich and privileged, and speaker of the English language, was into antisemitism then, just as today, anyone rich and privileged still eats meat and drives gasoline cars.

People care because nothing isn't important for someone's work or ideology.

>The Dry Salvages

"I do not know much about gods; but I think that the river
Is a strong brown god - sullen, untamed and intractable,
Patient to some degree, at first recognised as a frontier;
Useful, untrustworthy, as a conveyer of commerce;
Then only a problem confronting the builder of bridges.
The problem once solved, the brown god is almost forgotten
By the dwellers in cities - ever, however, implacable,
Keeping his seasons and rages, destroyer, reminder
Of what men choose to forget. Unhonoured, unpropitiated
By worshippers of the machine, but waiting, watching and waiting."
>>
>>8705575
take off the trip, you little shit
>>
>>8705584
Leave Constantine alone, fag.
>>
>>8705589
go to reddit if you want to upboat your favorite posters
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.