[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

What should I expect?
>>
>>8703106
pretentious, obscurantist garbage
>>
>>8703108
Sounds like our guy
>>
File: baudrillard.png (509KB, 682x767px) Image search: [Google]
baudrillard.png
509KB, 682x767px
>>8703106
Most interesting social commentary since the 90's.
+ the gulf war didn't happen
>>
File: images_maninchair.jpg (203KB, 1732x737px) Image search: [Google]
images_maninchair.jpg
203KB, 1732x737px
>>8703108
no

>>8703180
yes

>>8703106
this
>>
File: - Beyond his capabilities.png (37KB, 986x372px) Image search: [Google]
- Beyond his capabilities.png
37KB, 986x372px
One of my favorite quotes, and the opening page of my post-humanist sci-fi novel.
>>
>>8703180
wow. its a clickbite
>>
>>8703108
Turbopleb detected
>>
>>8703229
hauntology is god tier
>>
>>8703247
Is a haunt like a spook, though?
>>
File: badiou meme.jpg (27KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
badiou meme.jpg
27KB, 449x449px
>>8703264
not at all, a spook can be approximated to a moral position which has no value but that given subjectively by a person (i.e. an ego) and by extension a group of person (what Stirner called the association of egoists).
A haut is a word popularized by Derrida (you would find it in Spectres de Marx for example). It means that within something (a being, an action) there is the trace of its non-being. Derrida gives an example of that when speaking about a film where he is asked to play his own self :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nmu3uwqzbI

Baudrillard here uses the same terminology by dialecticaly opposing technology and man (when the man is hauted by technology, then technology begins to be haunted by man).

On another level, if you want another example of hauntology you can seek it as a music genre (cf. The Caretaker or William Basinski and much more)

meme not related
>>
>>8703322
Not the OP, but what does Derrida mean by "non-being"?
>>
File: hegels early days.png (389KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
hegels early days.png
389KB, 960x640px
>>8703342
Well that's a vast question, I'll just say that there are two possible definitions :
- Negative : by saying that non-being is the opposite (dialectically) of being. For example sight and blindness.
- Positive : which ultimately is impossible to archieve (for that see his work on the archi-trace, différance, death and the Other).

meme not related
>>
>>8703322
>It means that within something (a being, an action) there is the trace of its non-being.

Isn't that basically jacking what Heidegger talks about in Was Ist Metaphysik?
>>
>>8703407
well I guess it can be interpreted in a heideggerian way since by trace of non-being you can understand the being-towards-death
>>
>>8703435
I was referring to the ending of the what is metaphysics lecture. Where H says that for seiend to be grasped as seiend in the 'Lichtung' of Sein (eg the concept of aletheia, unconcealment) there must already be a movement towards Nothing. Thus the basic 'action' of Dasein is metaphysical, as in breaking/transcending seiend and pointing towards its negation. So Being is really a groundless ground.
>>
>>8703487
yup, so we do agree on that !
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.