[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Woolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: virginia-woolf.jpg (206KB, 1171x1600px) Image search: [Google]
virginia-woolf.jpg
206KB, 1171x1600px
Where do I start with this dike?
>>
The first book like you would any other writer.
>>
File: lazywoolfchart.jpg (492KB, 833x855px) Image search: [Google]
lazywoolfchart.jpg
492KB, 833x855px
>>
>>8702880
t b h just start and end her with The Waves
>>
>>8702926
What about Flush? It's a great look into her humor that is, in her other works, hiding beneath the surface a little bit.

>>8702932
Mmm no. The Waves isn't a great look into her style at all; it's her most experimental work. I wouldn't start here.

Personally, I went:

Mrs. Dalloway
To The Lighthouse
Orlando
A Room of One's Own
The Waves
Flush
Between the Acts
>>
>>8702880
>>8702926
Basically this but ignore A Room and Orlando, just go down the middle tree
>>
No real particular order required for her. I'd personally suggest:

TtL -> Sketch of the Past -> Mrs. Dalloway -> the Waves -> Between the Acts. orlando/room of one's own/jacob's room can be read whenever.
>>
>>8702955
>ignoring Orlando
Why
>>
>>8702953
>Personally, I went:
>Mrs. Dalloway
>To The Lighthouse
>Orlando
>A Room of One's Own
>The Waves
>Flush
>Between the Acts

Oh, I forgot that I started with Jacob's Room. It's pretty forgettable.
>>
>>8702955
Why ignore her best essay?

>>8702953
I'm still going through her work, some day I will make a non lazy chart that is more complete with small descriptions of each work. Thank you for the suggestion.
>>
So I shouldn't read the voyage out?
>>
>>8702880
DON'T EVER TALK SHIT ABOUT WOOLF AGAIN OR I'LL DECK YA, CUNT
>>
>>8702932
This anon is right
>>
I read the waves first but it was almost too easy for being supposedly a difficult work.
>>
>>8702997
Actually that is not a bad starting point either. It's just that Mrs. Dalloway is much better.
>>
File: 1471760509057.png (1MB, 2446x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1471760509057.png
1MB, 2446x1512px
>>8702880
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.