[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medium Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: default-preview-image-v2[1].png (6KB, 1126x1126px) Image search: [Google]
default-preview-image-v2[1].png
6KB, 1126x1126px
Why have I not seen the website mentioned here before?

As best I can tell, this shit is basically the Soundcloud of writing. Very easy to get picked up by a publication, have your stuff seen by a couple hundred people a day.

I repeat the advice Frank Mankiewics gave to a friend in New York when he started working in Hollywood: "Millions are to be grabbed out here and your only competition is idiots."

Feel free to post profiles, stories if you have them.
>>
>>8701411
>i like to feel like cattle and my work is meaningless
>>
>>8701418
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: holy....i want more.png (386KB, 681x1215px) Image search: [Google]
holy....i want more.png
386KB, 681x1215px
Holy...
>>
>>8701418
I'm sure that once you really figure out what comes 'after' postmodernism in your novella, you'll be famous and celebrated for your legitimate merits as an artist -- but until then it pays and is useful to put stuff out in public, and Medium is great for that.

>>8701446
I say again: "Your competition is idiots."
>>
File: 96e.jpg (18KB, 431x500px) Image search: [Google]
96e.jpg
18KB, 431x500px
>>8701446
>Feminista Jones
>>
The bottom line is if you want to write and want *instant readers* go for it

But if you want (to read) something something valuable, try anywhere from 50-2000 years ago

It's bad for the same reason it's good: it's the SoundCloud of writing

I know a friend who uses this and he never reads anything. Not to say you have to read to write, but as soon as he started posting he thought he was an authority.

The signal to noise ratio is at an all time low, which is awful because in my opinion there's nothing worse for you than bad writing / bad ideas because they seep into you the same way bad company makes you a bad person

But published books suffer from the same shit, just don't think of it as a panacea OP
>>
>>8701411
this is not too journalist?.
>>
Ok, I made an account and posted a story, when do I get the millions?
https://medium.com/@Bruff_Bobis/the-intrinsic-horror-of-crab-consumption-43c08c9c84d1#.iojdl54na
>>
>>8701464

How do they drum up the audience though? Why would anyone want to read my rant about XYZ?
>>
>>8701578
terrible
>>
I like reading Tim Rogers' essays. Actually, I had been meaning to make a thread here asking if anyone else cared about him.

I like this essay:
https://medium.com/@108/the-cake-in-the-basement-83922cda544d
There was another one I was going to link where he wrote about 9/11, I think, but I can't find it now.

I find it funny how a lot of people seem to think that Medium is curated and has, like, an editorial board and so on. They've managed to elevate themselves above wordpress and shit through pure branding. Pretty impressive.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.