[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: The perfect Wallpaper.jpg (358KB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The perfect Wallpaper.jpg
358KB, 1980x1080px
Hello today was the first time I have ever visited /lit/ In short you are all beautiful people. Coming to this board has both humbled me with the realization of how little I know of lit culture, and has Inspired me while reading through poetry and feeling that my works are comparable.

that aside I am a baby in this new world
what are some things that I need to know?
For example I'm not sure what or who DFW is, so in short please help.

P.S. out of pure curiosity do other people in the lit culture have an obsession with art of astronauts /space/the ocean pic related.
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
File: stirn sketch.jpg (55KB, 501x525px) Image search: [Google]
stirn sketch.jpg
55KB, 501x525px
You should familiarize yourself with Max Stirner, first and foremost.
As for the space ocean thing? Try searching the catalog for /sffg/ - science fiction & fantasy general.
>>
>>8700686
when you say start with the greeks do you mean the greek as a whole or is there a book/show called "The Greeks"?
>>
File: 1478321217864.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1478321217864.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
>>8700746
A solid grounding with the Greeks is helpful because their influence permeates all of western canon.
>>
>>8700746
Start with Mythology by Edith Hamilton. If you really, really want to, you can read a fuckhuge, very dry book about ancient Greek history.

Then move on to the Iliad, then the Odyssey, then the Aeneid, and at that point you can read pretty much any ancient Greek/roman lit/philosophy without trouble.

Good luck anon
>>
>>8700682

>what are some things that I need to know?

DFW = David Foster Wallace

More importantly, subtlety is an essiental part of great literature and is something a reader can appreciate. This applies to all art really. Im saying this because, while the ocean and space are for sure interesting things, the image shown is an example of a visual that is blatant and over the top. Too many colors and the astronaut stansinf there is quite cheesy. Analogically, this would be a Dan Brown book in literature.
>>
>>8700682
You must be over 18 to post on this website.
>>
>>8701450
fuck off faggot some people sound younger than they are, fucking mentality that is.

now you get the fuck out with your negative vibrations.
>>
>>8702151
Chillax broheim you're amplifying his neg vibes
>>
>>8702154
>his nig vibes
FTFY LMAO XD
>>
File: 1478443721788.jpg (3MB, 1820x4352px) Image search: [Google]
1478443721788.jpg
3MB, 1820x4352px
First of all, DFW is David Foster Wallace as other people have said.

Pic related is the top 100 books of all time as voted by /lit/. Pretty much 99% of /lit/ discussion is centered around those books.

You should start with the greeks, even though some people make it out to be a meme, pretty much because of what >>8700751 said.

Also, let's not forget the memes:

john green is bad

zizek is god

read my diary desu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.