[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jordan Peterson Suggested Reading List for Millennials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
http://jordanbpeterson.com/2016/11/maps-of-meaning-intro

I just wanted to share this reading list. Peterson think it is highly relevant and recommend Millennials read this. And i am also wondering what you guys might think of it.

Copied from the link

>In 1999 Routledge published my book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief. It was the results of more than fifteen years of work — thousands of hours of obsessive thinking and writing. It was my attempt to deal with the aftermath of Nietzsche’s pronouncement of the Death Of God in his revelatory book, Thus Spake Zarathustra:

>Here are the Russian books I would profoundly recommend, as accompanying readings, as well as a list of books I regard as of the first order of importance:

>Dostoevsky

Crime and Punishment
The Brothers Karamazov
Notes from Underground
The Devils
The Idiot

>Tolstoy

Confessions
The Kingdom of God is Within You

>Bulgakov

The Master and Margarita

>Solzhenitsyn

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch
The Gulag Archipelago
The First Circle
Cancer Ward
Other books of critical importance:

>Carl Jung

The Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious
Aion
symbols of Transformation
Answer to Job
Erich Neumann
The Origins and History of Consciousness
The Great Mother

>George Orwell

The Road to Wigan Pier
Animal Farm
Down and Out in Paris and London
Homage to Catalonia

>Aldous Huxley

Brave New World
The Doors of Perception

>Other Works

The Discovery of the Unconscious (Henri Ellenberger)
The Neuropsychology of Anxiety (Jeffrey Gray)
Affective Neuroscience (Jaak Panksepp)
The Emotional Brain (Joseph LeDoux)
>>
Is Peterson the great modern intellectual? I certainly like him.
>>
>Lemme just add all this Jung mysticism and then just rec pop psych books that shit on freud for not being scientific enough.

Literally the most fedora list I have seen in memory desu.
>>
File: 1478434158082.jpg (19KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1478434158082.jpg
19KB, 250x235px
>>8699101
He really is.

>>8699111
>The Neuropsychology of Anxiety (Jeffrey Gray)
>pseudo psych pop
hahah

Seriously though, if that is how you view jung then you are in for a pleasant surprise if you watch his lectures on Jung.
>>
>>8699101
No. At least that's not the idea you get when watching videos his in.

He would hardly be known at all if it weren't for ess jay doublus.
>>
>>8699086
>nothing by any PoC
>no LGBT centered novels
>no womyn authors

shitlord we'll never listen to what you say fascist!
>>
>>8699136

His lectures were discussed on /lit/ before that, and he's been on The Agenda numerous times. Dork.
>>
>>8699134
Keks blessed messenger.
>>
File: h654h635h36h3h3.jpg (30KB, 609x290px) Image search: [Google]
h654h635h36h3h3.jpg
30KB, 609x290px
>>
>>8699249
>lit mentioned him once and he was on a Canadian talk show he must be an intellectual

I'm sorry /pol/. maybe read a bit more and you'll learn what an intellectual actually is.
>>
>>8699556
Thought at Harvard university, done lots of scientific research, written a book, teaching at University of Toronto and so on
>>
>>8699134
>>The Neuropsychology of Anxiety (Jeffrey Gray)
>>pseudo psych pop
I had the same initial instinct as you, but unlike you, I actually looked at the fucking table of contents.
Spoiler alert: It's a textbook
>>
>>8699667
He's also really respected at UofT by his students ( non sjw ones of-coarse) . Many said his courses changed their lives for the better.
>>
>>8699976
>>8699667

Why are you wasting your time trying to sell Peterson to some faggot on 4chan, where every notable public figure is considered a joke unless they're a murderer?
>>
>>8699556
>can't be bothered to look up who this guy is himself
>thinks he knows anything about what makes an intellectual

kys senpai
>>
>>8699215
there are four non-white authors in that list.
>>
>>8699267
This is actually real. What the fuck is Jordan retweeting. Is he even reading it? Especially that more recent tweet linking the Wordpress site. Its literally a meme satire (I think). But hes calling it "frog synchronicity" and the joke was played out about 10 seconds after he put the frog hat on in his video. What is happening
>>
>>8699086

Is this the guy who's crusading for his right to bully trannies?

(checks)

Yeah, it is... no thanks.

Notes from underground sucks, too.
>>
>>8701560

Cuck
>>
>>8701560
No, what he is actually doing is stopping the SJW from doing a political takeover and creating a totalitarian shithole that genocides white men
>>
I watched this video about his entire thought, and it actually profoundly changed my outlook on things.

I really thought atheism, rationality and materialism were the end-game of human civilization, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis&
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 480x596px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 480x596px
>>8701560
>>
>>8701545
Maybe he's growing a sense of humor?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.