[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the most pretentious verb in the english language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: 1472253801830_.jpg (268KB, 1505x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1472253801830_.jpg
268KB, 1505x1972px
Whats the most pretentious verb in the english language
>>
to be
>>
File: benis.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
fug XDDDD
>>
>>8697573
had had
>>
to defenestrate
>>
just do it
>>
to jest
>>
File: 1477453742118.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477453742118.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
to digress
>>
some of these pretentious words for plain 'ol jerking off:
to 'toss off' one's todger
'to wank'
'to tug'
baka
>>
>>8697621
Wank is probably the least pretentious word in the English language, 90% of the time I hear it it's being used to make fun of someone being pretentious (what a load of wank; you wanker). Where are you? Are you an American who considers it pretentious because it's said by people putting on fake British accents?
>>
>>8697573
I get the whole idea of having your body be this pinnacle of strength and shit, and I know that Socrates was /fit/. But holy fuck being that large must take up a lot of time and resources. I don't understand the appeal.
>>
to check
>>
>>8697776
Gotta compensate for your lack of phallus somehow
>>
File: SF.jpg (34KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
SF.jpg
34KB, 736x414px
>>8697781

>/lit/ tries to project and fails horribly
>>
>>8697785
If you don't see the difference between the Greeks relatively healthy relationship to fitness and the pathological obsessed fetishist in the OP then you need to leave.
>>
File: Greeks Intensify.png (73KB, 1545x422px) Image search: [Google]
Greeks Intensify.png
73KB, 1545x422px
>>8697792

>the Greeks relatively healthy relationship to fitness

It was anything but: the Greeks were fucking obsessed, and rightly so.

The Greeks knew what Humanity has forgotten for the better part of 2000 years - namely, that a strong body is the prerequisite for a strong mind, and NOT vice versa. The fruits of this retarded inversion are seen today in flabby, corpulent figures like Harold Bloom. Pathetic and disgusting.
>>
>>8697796
Ah yes, I see you've one your research in green texts so you must be correct
>>
>>8697809

Green texts AND Nietzsche, actually. Which is more than you can say.
>>
>>8697619
THIS SO MUCH

Every time I hear it I wanna punch that person in the face holy shit.
>>
>>8697796
>dat screencap
Yeah because it couldn't have been a case of exaggerating their feats to look good.

I mean who would do that???
>>
>>8697573
C'MON
>>
>>8697573
ITT: Autism
>>
>>8698203
LETS
>>
>>8697796
please read the republic where socrates says that obsessing too much with the body causes a weak soul. he describes the virtue of moderation for this reason
>>
to pretend
>>
>>8697621
Burger detected. "Wank" is just the normal word. "Masturbate" is pretentious latinate shite.
>>
>>8698250
>confusing socratic and platonic philosophy

seriously?
>>
>>8698298
we were talking about the greeks were we not and not either philosopher? whether it is part of socratic or platonic philosophy is irrelevant. also, youre acting as if there are clear boundaries between the two and not tremendous overlap

the point of my statement was that the value of fitness is overblown. while they may have thought it to be a worthy pursuit, i doubt they would recommend people to go rich piana-mode. its just one of the parts in a much larger picture by which they tried to achieve arete
>>
>>8697573
"to office" or "to summer" have got to be my top two
>>
>>8697796
When Socrates was in his later years he resembled bloom in his seventies
>>
'To adumbrate' maybe? 'Elucidate' has always struck me as pretty pretentious.
>>
Bivouacked. Came across it in war and peace and it seems like the most unnecessary word in the entire language.
>>
utilize
>>
>>8698395
Its probably a literal translation of a common Russian word.
>>
No words are inherently pretentious; they are merely words, and have an appropriate and inappropriate usage. Except "collocate." It's the pinnacle of superfluity.
>>
>>8698395
Retard detected
>>
>>8697573
enlighten, transcend etc.
>>
Matriculate
>>
>>8697776
He's obviously juiced, so I doubt it takes as much time as you think it does.
>>
expound
>>
>>8697781
>>8697785
The guy literally did a video arguing that having tiny nads from steroid abuse is more aesthetic because it makes your dick hang lower than your balls. So his flaccid penis was never long enough to reach below his normal sized testicles.
>>
>>8698298
Socratic philosophy is a mirage.
>>
>>8698542
lmao rich piana is on a whole other level
its a lot more than just roids
>>
>>8698542
Juicing can make you easily large. Juicing cannot make you easily rich piana large. The man is a goddamn monster.
>>
>>8699050
He's also injected synthol. I am p sure he did a video where he reckoned that doesn't count because he did it a long time ago or something.
>>
>>8698395
what word would you replace it with?
>>
To socialize
>>
>>8697573
Antidisestablishmentarianism. If you meet one that says this word in a haughty fashion, beware, for you cannot trust them, though pillar of society they may be.
>>
>>8698404
It's just a mild archaism.
>>
I really hate when people say that something "oozes" something.
>>
>>8699423
My anus oozes shit. Those clams were n
>>
>>8699457
Oozing shit or pus or something like that is fine. I mean like say when someone is said to ooze charisma.
>>
>>8699498
The pustule oozed charisma.
>>
Rear

As in rearing a child.

Never heard it used in a non pretentious manner desu fampai.
>>
File: Pustulio_Hypnotizer.gif (206KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Pustulio_Hypnotizer.gif
206KB, 500x385px
>>8699586
You, frolicking dirt child. Meet Pustulio.
>>
>>8697573
What's a verb desu?
>>
>>8699237

Not the poster, but 'encamped' suits just fine in almost any situation where you would use bivouacked. Not that I really mind it, I don't see any problem in using more colorful and descriptive verbiage if it actually serves a use.
>>
>>8699586
okay okay you win
>>
>>8699991
bivouacked is different from encamped though. especially in a militarily context when it is most likely to be used.

this confirms that what most people think of as pretentious is just plebs not understanding the nuance of words
>>
any noun used as a verb
>>
>>8700116

It's not entirely different, and although I wouldn't say they're interchangeable, you could certainly substitute encamped for bivouacked in most situations without your reading audience being totally lost by having used the verb bivouacked.

And you don't have to be a cunt about it, mind you.
>>
>>8697573
to build.
>>
>>8698395
It's definitely necessary. It's used a lot by mountaineers
>>
Discombobulate
>>
unpack
>>
to shitpost
>>
>>8699423
I write "oozing precum" a lot. Is that so pretentious?
>>
>>8698542
It took him his whole life with more than just juice
>>
>>8698791
This is normal you know. Balls are as big as they can be and dick is as small as it can be. Makes sense that your cock doesn't droop low if you're a grower.
>>
to is
>>
File: IMG_6926.jpg (72KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6926.jpg
72KB, 500x291px
>>8697573
The word "pretentious"
>>
>>8698395
Consider suicide, you fat virgin unemployed fuck. How many people would mourne if you died? 2? And for how long? People would forget about you within 1 week. You waste of resources. I feel sorry for your parents. Think about your life decisions for 5 minutes before you post again.
>>
>>8697573
pontificate
>>
>>8701921
>Balls are as big as they can be and dick is as small as it can be. Makes sense that your cock doesn't droop low if you're a grower.
Like the first part was the point and the second part didn't make sense. A grower is more like usually it's small when flaccid, but a grower who has a large erect penis will still have to go through a stage to erection where the penis is long but flaccid.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.