[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Postmodernisme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: cecinestpasunmeme.jpg (676KB, 1696x1703px) Image search: [Google]
cecinestpasunmeme.jpg
676KB, 1696x1703px
I feel this is like asking /tv/ to define "kino", but what does /lit/ means by "postmodernism" ?
>>
>what is google

postmodernism is not for /lit/ to define, degenerate
>>
>>8695393
Google says it's an architectural movement. What I want to know is the deformed, memed-the-shit-out, specific definition by /lit/
>>
>>8695396
>open Google
>type in "postmodern literature"
>click the first link
and you would get your fucking answer

>Google says it's an architectural movement
terminally retarded. please kill yourself.
>>
You reek of insecurity and instant coffee.
>>
>>8695415
I hope you're not implying there is anything wrong with instant coffee.
>>
>>8695387
http://philpapers.org/archive/SHATVO-2.pdf
This discursion may serve to enwinden your sails.
>>
>>8695435
It tastes bad. But its idea is not inherently unpretty. Do you drink instant coffee?
>>
>>8695435
It's disgusting. I have a box full of instant coffee sticks that I can't get rid of because I have never been able to drink an entire cup.
>>
>>8695581
>>8695489
>>8695435
I just deconstructionistically snort lines of caffeine powder
>>
>>8695387
>>8695396
All artforms have modern/postmodern movement.

Modernism is the "establishing" of the general theory behind a new thing.
Postmodernism is a response/critique/examination to the established theory.
Metamodernism is using the techniques of postmodernism to create something new again.

In literature, the modernists established classic literature as we see it today. Melville and Woolf and Proust and the like.
Then postmodernists took what we already know about literature, what we "think" literature "should be", and used that pretext as a canvas by subverting modern techniques, fourth-wall breaks, poking fun at clichés, and of course new-sincerity. Stuff like Wallace, Murakami, Vonnegut, Pynchon. this genre was a fucking mistake.
metamodernism takes those contemporary postmodern technique to hearken back to modernism and create something new. Bolaño, Joyce(retroactively), Calvino, Borges.

With any other artistic medium the modern/pomo/metamo dynamics are easier to understand. Literature is kind of a mess.

Film for example;
modern: Spielberg
pomo: Scorsese
metamo: Tarantino
>>
File: 1456221748498.jpg (74KB, 1800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456221748498.jpg
74KB, 1800x600px
>>
>>8695387
A highly cynical and Ironic zeitgeist that came after modernism. A reaction to the naivety of modernism.
>>
>>8695631
for the sake of variety, where would you argue Julian Barnes fits into the timeline? Flaubert's Parrot and Sense of an Ending seemed postmodern to me...
>>
>>8695396
The literary movement significantly predates the architectural and I think any other subject area's postmodernism. Even if you don't count Don Quixote as postmodern, like there are some from the 19th Century.
>>
>>8695474
>being this poisoned by Joyce's style
>>
>>8695387
postmodernism is kino
>>
>>8695641
>Gertrude Stein as non-representational abstract
can i have a work please? I haven't read much by her, and I wonder what exactly it means by that.
>>
File: 1475968851270.png (251KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475968851270.png
251KB, 600x450px
>>8695641
>1916
>rejecting futurism
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.