[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think that it's fucked up how humans always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (188KB, 750x934px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 750x934px
Does anyone else think that it's fucked up how humans always want more, but are never satisfied?
I guess it's what has gotten humanity to this point of amazing advancement though. We are never satisfied we will always move forward.
But it sucks to want something so much, and to get it but still not feel any better.
It's bad for humans (cuz we're never truly fulfilled and happy), but good for humanity (cuz it pushes us to achieve).

Books for this feel?

>inb4: my diary desu
>>
The Phenomenology of Spirit.
>>
Bhagavad Gita
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 650x867px
Bunp
>>
>>8695119
I don't see why wanting more has to be a bad feeling. There's two ways to approach dissatisfaction: either wallowing in the imperfect state or relating your emotions to your progress towards a better state. Suffering exists no matter what you do, so to be happy you just have to take joy in wanting to be better. This is why it's important to have hobbies, especially those with quantifiable levels of skill/progress. Literature can be difficult because you can't quantify being a better writer, but in other fields you can take pleasure in having a concrete goal that you're going to accomplish. Then literature can become your expression of emotions relating to other areas of your life, whether literally (my diary desu) or figuratively (my novel desu).

Basically the Buddha was lying, suffering never goes away. You just learn to enjoy it
>>
OP, you may like these passages from Machiavelli's "discourses":

>Human appetites are insatiable, for by nature we are so constituted that there is nothing we cannot long for, but by fortune we are such that of these things we can attain but few. The result is that the human mind is perpetually discontented, and of its possessions is apt to grow weary. This makes it find fault with the present, praise the past, and long for the future; though for its doing so no rational cause can be assigned.

>Nature has so constituted men that, though all things are objects of desire, not all things are attainable; so that desire always exceeds the power of attainment, with the result that men are ill content with what they possess and their present state brings them little satisfaction. Hence arise the vicissitudes of their fortunes.
>>
>>8695119
Personally, I think there's a huge difference between simply improving for the sake of progress or in selfless causes and improving because of dissatisfaction. It could be argued that discontent is required for the desire of improvement, but I think it's possible to be content with the state of things while still striving to make it better. You don't have to be only okay with the result of projects if they turn out well. I think the real trick is being accepting of failure while there's still a strive towards improvement. The Winter of our Discontent might be a good book on this topic, especially if you like lighter reading.
>>
>>8695119
Cloud Atlas is about this exact theme
>>
File: Jokenhauer.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jokenhauer.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
>>8695119

>Does anyone else think that it's fucked up how humans always want more, but are never satisfied?

Stop projecting, Schopenhauer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.