[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Invisible Man? I loved it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 16981.jpg (21KB, 310x475px) Image search: [Google]
16981.jpg
21KB, 310x475px
What does /lit/ think of Invisible Man? I loved it.
>>
>>8693876
I had the original idea for an xbox gamertag using this same play on the invisible i's by placing spaces in their place "Inv s ble when I was younger. It was taken. So I suppose not entirely original. Heh. . .
>>
when i was a kid i went to blockbuster with my dad to get a movie. i came across this movie called "the invisible kid" and showed it to my dad. for some reason i started lying my ass off and making stuff up about the movie that even i believed as i said it, saying it was a prequel to the famous "invisible man" story and so on. "this is the story of him when he was a kid," i said. i hadnt even read the back of the box, i was just pulling this from nowhere. so he got it for me and that night i watched it in the den alone while he was upstairs in the computer room working. turns out that even though the movie was rated pg there was quite a lot of nudity in it, including a scene where the invisible kid, who was a high-school kid, infiltrates the girls' locker room where the girls are all standing around topless. i was in a tough spot. i could easily just not tell my dad that the movie contained nudity, but if he ever found out, he'd think i knew about the nudity all along and tricked him. so what i did was i rewinded the movie and watched the locker room scene a few times, then i stopped the movie and went upstairs. i went to the computer room, where my dad was, and told him that the movie had nudity in it and i stopped watching it and came up here to tell him. he said thanks for telling me, and that's my story.
>>
It's good. Very good for American lit. It's a shame stuff like To Kill a Mockingbird is taught in schools over something like this
>>
>>8693876
I found it incredibly boring, especially towards the end. Would not have read it if i didnt have to for class
>>
>>8694205
>Heh. . .
>>
>>8694256
Agreed.
>>
>>8693876

It's too black sounding for me.
>>
>>8694256
Yeah, but in all fairness this is a way more difficult book to grasp, the chapters are huge, the narration is all over the place, and the main character never has a name. It would confuse the shit out of high school kids, not to mention all the weird sex romps the narrator gets up to.
>>
>>8693876
I've just read the "Battle Royal" chapter for a class, want to go back and do the rest of it at some point. Very good metaphors.
>>
>>8694224
Your diary is pretty good, desu. I want more.
>>
Excellent novel about alienation but it's a black guy so it's shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.