[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wittgenstein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2250.jpg (495KB, 1221x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2250.jpg
495KB, 1221x1600px
What does /lit/ think of this man?
>>
>>8692106
great man love him and i really like how he was a bit autistic and his life story. solved philosophy once and for all
>>
>>8692306
>a bit
>>
>>8692106
I'm looking forward to the inevitable biopic with Peter Capaldi in the lead role.
>>
>>8692106
good lad but didnt solve a single thing. also shouldnt have pulled those ears that hard
>>
I seriously believe that people from /lit/ have never read him yet they talk about him as if he was their friend or something. I really don't know how they do it? I haven't read him but it amazes me how good people is for talking about books/authors that never read.
>>
>>8692615
Professional pseuds
>>
He's good, but

>Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must write in the Tractatus Logico-philosophicus.

was reaaaaally lame.
>>
I felt very stupid after reading Tractatus.
>>
I liked him in True Detective
>>
>>8692106
A wacky meme of a man.
>>
File: Hzms34f.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
Hzms34f.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>8692715
>>
>>8692715
um what
>>
>>8692106
So should I even read Tractatus if it's been debunked by himself in philosophical investigations?
>>
>>8693046

yes. not only is it a quicker read, but they way that the thought develops in front of you, finalized in the last proposition, is really satisfying.

and he didnt exactly debunk himself but instead reformulated the subject of analysis, focusing on how language operates. you should check out the tractatus and later unfinished works like on certainty to really see how his thought developed.
>>
File: 1476662388525.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1476662388525.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
>>8692715
>>
>whine about how useless and autistic work of modern philosophers is to the general public
>publishes most useless and autistic works of his day

Wittgenstein in a nutshell

Also...

>spent years designing and redesigning a door handle
>>
>>8693347
Alright thanks
>>
>>8692106
Who or what should I read before Wittgenstein? I know Bertrand Russel but who should I read before him?
>>
>>8694290
>>spent years designing and redesigning a door handle

>One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
>>
>>8692594
Underrated
>>
>>8694608
secondary literature on Wittgenstein.
>>
Cryptomaterialist shitter.
>>
>>8692651
He claims his book is for those who had the kind of thoughts already and not for those who hadn't.
>>
File: well_played.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
well_played.gif
1MB, 320x240px
He's the finest, funniest unintentional comedian I've ever read.
>>
>>8692106

He's actually a mystic in disguise.
>>
I'm facing the tractatus right now, any advice on how should I read it?
>>
>>8695106
All good philosophers are.
>>
>>8695107
Some knowledge of classical logic, modal logic and predicate logic. If you've time you could read an introduction into frege and russel. Wittgensteins project is to develop an ideal language of logic (other wise known as linguistic turn or analytical philosophy),where in the big problems could either be solved or shown to be an artifact of language. Leibniz already had this idea in some ways, he wanted to mathematically calculate philosophical questions to determine the answer.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.