[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is this /lit/? I just want to stay with my books.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: 1476839165174.jpg (26KB, 650x464px) Image search: [Google]
1476839165174.jpg
26KB, 650x464px
How true is this /lit/? I just want to stay with my books.
>>
My head got so big I had to cut back. Just be careful and you'll have no trouble
>>
>>8691704
You can stay with your books while spending 45 minutes every other day doing exercises.

The Greeks did it, Mishima did it, Hemmmmingway did it.
>>
How long does it take to work out in a day? One hour or two? You can do both.
>>
>>8692481

Yeah is fucking retarded that dichotomy between being fit and lit
>>
So true
>>
>>8691704
i could do both but i'm such a weak person that I get tired after running 20 minutes
>>
>>8692503
>running
>>
>>8692493
Just an excuse by lazy cunts or pseuds who romanticize the fragile recluse lifestyle.

>>8692503
That's why you progress gradually. Start lifting with just the bar and then move on a couple of pounds each time.

>>8692506
>implying running is bad

Nigga, just something like a 4k or 5k run twice or thrice a week will make you feel amazing.
>>
Guess which one of them will get his dick sucked later
>>
>>8692503
I get tired after running for 2 minutes.
>>
>>8692506
I have never lift on my life and I will never do it. Running makes me feel a little bit on grace with myself.
>>
>>8691704
Someone post the edit made by /fit/ pls
>>
>>8692522
The one with more money.
>>
>>8692481
>>8692493
>wasting 45 minutes of your precious time moving heaving things like an ape

No thanks, I'll read a good 80 pages of prime literature in that time instead
>>
>>8692519
I can't find more shallow exercise than lifting, I mean why? Why lifting?
>>
>>8692532
Because it fucking works.
>>
>>8692530
You say that as if you were not wasting your time posting in lit.
>>
>>8692534
it fucking works what? What you gain with it? more than just big muscles?
>>
>>8692542
Strength and health.
>>
>>8692538
/lit/ is the finest community of patrician readers and writers on earth, every second here is well spent if you're of a likemind
>>
>>8692546
>Strength
Sure
>health
Horseshit
>>
>>8692546
You can gain health by walking fast or just walking a lot.
You can gain strenght by just eating well. It's just superficial.
>>
>>8692551
>Horseshit

You can't lift while eating like shit, there's a diet to it, plus you're reducing body fat.
>>
>>8692559
>You can't lift while eating like shit

Of course you bloody can
>>
>>8691704
this is the worst image I have ever seen, congratulations
>>
>>8692481
This. Do both & become a harmony of pen & sword.
>>
>>8692530
>80 pages of prime literature
>in 45 minutes
Enjoy skim reading. You waste more time doing that than someone who tried to be healthier.

>>8692532
I don't just lift, I combine a bunch of shit. Running and swimming is probably my favourite type of exercise.

And to tell the truth, the best explanation as to why lift is through lifting itself. Just try it once and see how great you'll feel afterwards. I pretty much do it for that post workout feeling. It's amazing. It's like some sort of a high.

I am not even a ripped gym rat/bro nor do I the endorse those /fit/ standards. I'm arguing that regular cardio and weight exercise is beneficial, and I don't have to explain why since it's obvious. I don't see why you wouldn't want to be:

>stronger
>faster
>more flexible
>healthier
>better looking

Plus, the benefits are mental as well.
>confidence
>memory
>focus

Pretty dope results for 45-60 minutes of work every day or every other day, if you ask me.
>>
>>8692532
http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/strength-articles/iron-henry-rollins

You're welcome.
>>
>>8692566
>he considers 80 pages in that time skim reading

Yeah I can tell you lift alright
>>
>>8692583
I do because 80 pages of prime literature is something to be dwelt on for and savored.
>>
>>8692566
>better looking
by what kind of girls?
>>
>>8692595
Yeah keep telling yourself that buddy
>>
>>8692603
Better looking by the standards of the majority.

Also, work out for yourself, not other people.
>>
>>8692603
Every girl, as long as you don't become a muscle freak, being fit is always attractive.
>>
>>8692566
>640 wpm for your average paperback

Eh, it's pretty fast, but not professional fast. Though professional speed reading is all about gimmicks.
>>
>>8692605
Yeah yeah you're such a great smart reader, good job bud. Enjoy your shit retention.
>>
>>8692554
Please tell me about the Olympians who don't work out and just have amazing diets.
>>
You are now aware that "big muscles" are just swollen, harmed muscles with a LOT of tiny wounds and holes that must be replaced with more useless meat
>>
Both have there place, there is a balance.
When you read you exercise your inner "magician", the part of you that is OBJECTIVE, WISE, INTUITIVE AND INTELLIGENT.
Lifting unlocked a part of me that I didn't have before. Lifting exercises the part of you that is PURPOSEFUL, DEVOTED, DECISIVE AND DISCIPLINED.
Gym monkeys are no less intelligent than your book worms. Both have different kinds of archetypes developed. Find the middle ground.
>>
>>8692950
Forgot to mention its called your inner "warrior" when you are PURPOSEFUL, DEVOTED, DECISIVE AND DISCIPLINED.
>>
>>8692522
Good point, the guy on the right can probably suck his own dick.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.