[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take you to get through this book /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: The_Brother_Karamazov.jpg (21KB, 305x426px) Image search: [Google]
The_Brother_Karamazov.jpg
21KB, 305x426px
How long did it take you to get through this book /lit/?
>>
>>8690711
longer than it takes to check some fucking sweet dubs
Consider yourself checked friend
>>
>>8690711

I read it in the summer between finishing high school and going to college, at my convenience. so three months.
>>
>>8690711
3 weeks, at the end of summer.
>>
>>8690711
2 weeks i think? maybe a little less.

i was reading probably 5 hours a day, first summer after college. really wanted to take my time to understand it because people always said it was so good
>>
>>8690711
A few days, but I was homeless and had lots of free time.
>>
File: The_Jungle_Upton_Sinclair.jpg (108KB, 284x450px) Image search: [Google]
The_Jungle_Upton_Sinclair.jpg
108KB, 284x450px
is the translation by Constance Garnett worth reading?
>>
>>8690711
1-2 weeks.
>>
>>8690711
A few seconds. I had a friend hold it open in the air so I could punch a hole through it. Tore right through the spine.
>>
Five days.

I picked it up while sailing, I had nothing to do all day other than read, or stare at the ocean. I think if I'd been on land and had the distractions of home it would have taken me longer, like Infinite Jest which took me two months to finish.

If you ever want to get some reading done, go sailing.
>>
Six days. I read it over the summer.
>>
>>8690711
Three weeks.
>>
>>8690711
4 days. I was trapped inside an elevator at a hotel (nobody seemed to concerned about my whereabouts) and had nothing to do so I spent pretty much 15 straight hours a day reading.
>>
Just brought my first Dostoyevsky the other day, the under ground and the double in one book.Looking forward to tackling this when i have the time.
>>
It's one of those books that hooks you and the prose isn't particularly ornate. So maybe like a week the first time I read it and 4-5 days the other two times. Spent a lot of time reading it on those days though.
>>
>>8691695
*too concerned
>>
>>8690711
Two weeks, 2 hours a day, 3 if I brought it to work
>>
>>8691695
You were stuck in an elevator for 4 days???
>>
>>8690711
Less than a week, read it in hospital
>>
>>8690711
little less than a day, not even trolling.
>>
>>8690711
Really long because I was reading it over my fifth year exams in high school. Like five months. And I didn't really appreciate it because of that.

Man I need to revisit that book.
>>
>>8692335
what a dumb faggot, lmao. why even try to read it? thats fucking sadddddddddd bitch
>>
>>8690711
>>>8690711
>3 weeks, at the end of summer.
>>8690711
>>>8690711
>2 weeks i think? maybe a little less.
>
>i was reading probably 5 hours a day, first summer after college. really wanted to take my time to understand it because people always said it was so good
>>8690837
>>8690858
>>8690869
>>8691637
>>8691641
>>8691667
>>8691699

Did you people like the book or what
>>
>>8692361
I was only sixteen and didn't think it through. Basically retained none of it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.