[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: 1461097035146.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1461097035146.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
I picked up some award winning writer and people were just like 'he's proust' and they were right. Proust is for people who want to read some guys inner thoughts and jack off to them I think.
>>
Bernard is cute!
>>
Anon, what's the specific name of this cartoon-like animated animation of sorts?
>>
>>8689505

And yet, if you finish it, it may change your life.
>>
>>8689911
go to nyaatorrent and search bernard anon
>>
Does this series feature at least one character who bitches about translations
>>
>>8689995
Nah, it won't either. Just a girl who wants to be seen reading, a guy who reads, a girl who reads way too much, and the librarian
>>
>>8689995
One takes translation into account.
>>
Do japs even read anything except primitive VNs and light ''''''''''''''''''''''novels'''''''''''''''''''' that read like long-widned tumblr posts? Asian culture is laughably shit
>>
>>8690996
kill yourself amerifat
>>
>>8690996
I heard manga is the prefered form of reading in japan,but I don't want to fall for the memes.
>saying an entire culture group is shit
Don't do that
>>
>>8689505
How hard can it be to read a bunch of vertical lines?
>>
>>8690996
LNs are considered 'trash' by most japanese. They have girls on the covers for that reason, and it's widely acknowledged that LNs are only sold based on their covers.
However, you have serious literature types who also write LNs, it's a japanese thing only really. It would be like stephen king writing a YA-oh wait.
As for 'asian culture is shit', it's mostly how their market operates. They cater to nearly every niche possible and can make games and VN off no money and sell them for slightly more money, which is also driven by the vast rabid fanbase. If you've heard of it, it's generally something that was shoved through a grinder and the industry itself is amazed the whole thing is even coherent at the end. This is for animated works, the japanese do the highest quality art in the world, indisputable.
>>
>>8689505
Great works of Western literature:
Ulysses, In Search of Lost Time, Gravity's Rainbow, War and Peace

Great works of Eastern literature:
Book about some guy named Lu Bu and Cow Cow, and a book about a guy with two swords.
>>
>>8691037
>if I say it in a dumb way it will become dumb
Nice strawman
>>
>>8691059
>if you're a faggot, you're gay

Whoops, I guess that's exactly how it works, fag.
>>
>>8691080
So if I say ulysses is worthless trash it becomes worthless trash?
>>
>>8691088
No, it only works when I do it.
>>
>>8691095
At least now I know you are just a baiting faggot.
Should have thought about it when you mentioned GR.
>>
>>8691097
You're gonna have to work harder than that, senpai.
>>
>>8691027
>However, you have serious literature types who also write LNs
LLLLLOL
>>
The only anime I'm watching this season is Keijo!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8691188
Keijo!!!!!!!! is a genuinely good sports story using ecchi to filter out the masses.
>>
Is Psycho Pass /lit/ approved?
>>
>>8691209
lolno
>>
>>8691209
The only Japanese animations worth watching are the works of Miyazaki, Takahata, Oshii, Otomo, Hosoda, Yuasa, Kon and a few independent directors like Kihachiro Kawamoto, Koji Yamamura, Kunio Kato and Atsushi Wada. Everything else is junk
>>
>>8691199
You mean using it to bring in them asses
>>
>>8691251
>Nakamura
>Anno
>Shinbo

Just off the top of my head. You're full of shit.
>>
>>8691255
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>>
>>8691256
If you're writing off Mononoke entirely, then you're either not taking the question seriously or you're just trolling.
>>
>>8691255
The only TV anime worth watching are the works of Yuasa (Paranoia Agent is one of Kon's weaker works, btw).
>>
>>8691251
>No Ryosuke Takahashi
>>
>>8691259
I was actually being charitable and assumed you meant Ryutaro Nakamura. Now your post is even worse.
>>
>>8691264
Feel free to present any serious criticism of it.
>>
>>8691265
Visual style makes me nauseous. Other than that I hardly remember it.
>>
>>8691261
This is just obviously not true.
>>
File: 1437857227249.jpg (119KB, 698x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437857227249.jpg
119KB, 698x1000px
>>8691267
>serious

Damn, son, you got me, I thought you were for real.
>>
>>8691268
There are almost no American TV shows worth watching either, to be fair. Maybe 5 or so
>>
>>8691251
I actually kind of want to add Hiroshi Hamasaki to this, but solely for Shigurui which desperately needs a second season.
>>
>>8691037
>Gravity's Rainbow
You're a faggot and a cuck.
>>
>>8691426
I keep hearing about it here; is it a meme or is it actually good?
>>
>>8689505
>Kanbayashi will never be your gf
I bet she's as passionate in the sheets as she is when talking genre schlock.

>>8691471
Anyone who's read Gravity's Rainbow will tell you it's either brilliant or markedly above average at the very least. The people who spam Pynchon hate are meming.
>>
>>8689505
i have never watched anime but im going to watch this lol does that make me a degenerate?
>>
>>8692064
>i
>lol
>degenerate
no, but this post makes you underage
>>
>>8691471
It's a bit of a mixed bag. Sometimes you don't really know what's going on, most of the Slothrop plot is pretty hilarious, there are weird stories like the one of the immortal lightbulb, chases by limericks reciting guys, and lots and lots of sex scenes

Overall it's pretty entertaining
>>
>>8692084
im not underage anymore ok
>>
>>8691027
>serious literature types who also write LNs
Still want to know who these are, since they dont' actually exist.
>>
>>8691188
dumb haglover
>>
>>8693165
lol
>>
anime
>>
>Tfw no Kanbayashi gf

Just fuck my life up
>>
>>8689505
She's just reading a bunch of straight line lmao wtf.
>>
>>8691251
>Miyazaki
>worth watching
*le black rapper cringe face*
>>
>>8693152
Like Thomas Pynchon hasn't churned out some sci-fi/fantasy under a pen name and we just haven't picked up on it yet
>>
>>8694172
I'm probably a bit nostalgic about his work, but he's still a hell of a lot better than most.
>>
>>8694179
Some of his books are already sci-fi. Sci-fi and fantasy aren't inherently bad in themselves anyway, it's just that fans of those genres almost exclusively read garbage.
>>
>>8694462
This is not the case for LNs btw, which are shit by their very nature. I'm not convinced a single legitimately decent or readable one exists.
>>
Ok just finished my first anime ever, was really nice, are more animes similar to this?
>>
>>8694172

So you're talking about a genre thats completely dominated by juvenille fantasy fulfillment and Miyazaki isn't worth watching? Go ahead tell me what is worth watching
>>
>>8694480

Similiar to nothing? Cant think of anything.
>>
>>8694512
similar to Bernard.
>>
>>8694515
Basically any high school comedy anime
>>
I watch it for the memes
>>
>>8694718
Most of the memes are sci-fi shit, sadly.
>>
>>8690996
>Americans are """"literally""""" this stupid

Japan is extremely literate, you should probably kys.
>>
>>8690996
>muh muric'n edoocaytion
>>
>>8689995
They discussed translations in the Murakami episode.
>>
File: 1470973360611.jpg (28KB, 525x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470973360611.jpg
28KB, 525x720px
>not reading it in French
>>
>>8691209
The literary references are pretty on-the-nose "hey look I read this," but I found them weirdly endearing.

Overall the first season is a pretty good sci-fi cop show, though it was clearly setting up for a sequel that might not happen (the movie is canon but kinda to the side, season 2 was everything that could've gone wrong and then some).
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.