[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

un-plebbing myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1474517207994.jpg (113KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1474517207994.jpg
113KB, 500x667px
how do i transform from a dilettante with a surface level interest in literature to a true neckbeard
do i invest in a kindle
thanks
>>
Read the books from the top 100 chart.

Kindles are pretty good since they have built in dictionaries and I use mine every day.
>>
>>8687380

True neckbeards don't read much. They either subscribe to edgy ideologies or read mainstream works and cling to their own edgy interpretations that justify their awful lifestyle and mentality.
They get into redpill or incel, form pol-like opinions and use literature as a way to explain their hatred and socially incompatible views.

If I'd have to put litnerds in a box, I'd label it as unironical-hipster-normies. Bonus points if you pick up smoking and drink a lot of alcohol and coffee.
>>
>>8687427
Should I wear glasses and smoke and drink black coffee to live the literary lifestyle?

I usually read in the comfort of my own apartment, but I've been thinking of reading in some obscure cafe. Thoughts?
>>
>>8687427
true neckbeards used colloquially to refer to someone that has an in depth knowledge of something
>>8687436
subscribing to a preconceived social image of what someone interested in literature seems like in an effort to assimilate yourself into a culture seems incredibly retarded
>>
>>8687436
I mean it's wanky, sure, but also a lot of fun. I can recommend.
>>
File: existentialism.jpg (513KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
existentialism.jpg
513KB, 2048x1366px
>>8687380
You need motivation. The best way to get it is to have a cogent existential outlook on life to get you out of bed in the morning and give your life meaning. Follow the chart, bruh.
>>
>>8687449
I was just screwing around. You shouldn't do anything for the sake of appearances.

Tbh I do drink a lot, I prefer coffee black, I smoke, and I also read at obscure cafés, but it's because:

-I like drinking
-I like smoking
-I like reading while having a coffee
-Black coffee always tastes better in cafés
-Popular cafés are full of people in the morning and in the afternoon/evening, when I actually have time to go. Can't even sit down.

If you want to read in a café, go for it. But don't do it just because that's what "literary people" do. That's just dishonest.
>>
>>8687559
Am >>8687559
Replied to the wrong comment.
>>
>>8687561
Bruh seriously fuck this outlay my newfagness shows
>>
>>8687559
Should I just wear fake glasses if I don't feel like drinking/smoking? I have perfect vision.

>That's just dishonest.
What did she mean by this? Like I said, I only read in my apartment or before/during class.
>>
>>8687561
No idea what you're trying to say here mate.
>>
>>8687559
i like you guy
>>8687561
wait what
>>
>>8687568
>>8687566

I posted:
>>8687427
>>8687559
>>8687561
>>8687562

I kept fucking up the addresses of my replies so I tried to correct myself. Then I fucked it up again, hence triplepost.
>>8687565
Still not sure if this is bait. Read wherever you want, just don't do shit for the sake of appearances. Don't read at cafés because "that's what literary people do". Read at cafés because you actually like doing that, or because it's convenient. Just don't try to conform to an image that's not yours.
>>
>>8687574
But then how will people know that I'm a well-read patrician?

t. Pseud
>>
>>8687576

Did you know that suicide is popular among writers?
>>
>>8687380
>do i invest in a kindle
If you have access to a public library you should check books out from there.
>>
>>8687920
Underrated post.
>>
>>8689477
just download the books from bookzz like a non retard would. Libraries are for browsing and physical books, not a list a list and ebooks mang
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.