[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend got me this for my birthday ironicly. Should i read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1519.jpg (61KB, 304x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.jpg
61KB, 304x450px
A friend got me this for my birthday ironicly. Should i read? It could be pretty interesting seeing how indoctrination works. Also im kinda scared to read? I see myself as a godlike patrician who is impossible to brainwash of course but there have been intelligent people who have been brainwashed before.
>>
>>8680929
>godlike patrician
>is scared of getting brainwashed by a single book
>about scientology nonetheless
>>
>>8680929
Bump this is the best shitpost
>>
>>8680939
Baited
>>
>>8680929
L Ron Hubbard isnt that wrong, and he is relatively very smart (besides the obvious smart move of getting rich by starting a religion)
>>
I tried reading it years back, got a hundred pages into it before I got bored of its stupidity.
>>
>>8680929
it is interesting that he tried to publish it in academic psychology journal
he published the books after he got rejected by academics
>>
>>8681500
The reason it was rejected was because its Jung's version of abreaction therapy.

What is most interesting is why Jung himself rejected it:

"Though traumata of clearly aetiological significance were occasionally present, the majority of them appeared very improbable. Many traumata were so unimportant, even so normal, that they could be regarded at most as a pretext for the neurosis. But what especially aroused my criticism was the fact that not a few traumata were simply inventions of fantasy and had never happened at all."

Hence Scientology being like it is.
>>
>>8680929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7pW9QMew8

I saw a different video that I cant find that was actually quite interesting, think I watched this once a while ago, but dont remember if its good
>>
>>8682127

Scientology seems like a stirnirian despookification but instead of stopping at radical freedom in nihilism or no formal positivist system of foundation or construction, L ron hubbard created a philosophical and psychological protocol, he believed would help free and empower the individual. One of the main tenants is the immortal soul, and that modern societies outlook on like and consumer culture stuff and all the spooks of the world distract and depower and harm and clutter, thats pretty much the essence of what I have seen of it: its pretty buddhistic and transcendental, trying to mentally master oneself to be in complete control and mentally, physically, spiritually grow, so that when you die you can level up toward godhood

I dont know about any of the weird speculations and currupt stuff, but 'trying to help people' if it was purely that i do not see how its so bad, of course psychologists wouldnt and didnt like it, because he was cutting into their business, and government didnt like it because his "cult"ure was a tax exempt religion
>>
>>8680929
>It could be pretty interesting seeing how indoctrination works. Also im kinda scared to read?

Its perfectly safe abliet an extremely rambling book with the most controversial parts from the 50s taken out of it. If you read it as a period piece its very advanced for its time.

As for the brainwashing, that only comes from dianetics counseling which is effectively hard core regression therapy done for hours without break.

>Scientology seems like a stirnirian despookification but instead of stopping at radical freedom in nihilism or no formal positivist system of foundation or construction, L ron hubbard created a philosophical and psychological protocol, he believed would help free and empower the individual.

Not really, whilst theatans are kind of like the popular conception of ghosts they are wholly unrelated to spooks - indeed the higher levels require a person to remove theatans from inanimate objects.

The closest he comes is in his Dianetics 55 where he describes breifly how ideology is based on action alone but then goes on to leave it alone.

>One of the main tenants is the immortal soul, and that modern societies outlook on like and consumer culture stuff and all the spooks of the world distract and depower and harm and clutter, thats pretty much the essence of what I have seen of it: its pretty buddhistic and transcendental, trying to mentally master oneself to be in complete control and mentally, physically, spiritually grow, so that when you die you can level up toward godhood

He did claim in the early days to be finishing buddhas work but the Church stopped publishing his weirder stuff. Once again theatans arent like spooks at all.

>I dont know about any of the weird speculations and currupt stuff, but 'trying to help people' if it was purely that i do not see how its so bad, of course psychologists wouldnt and didnt like it, because he was cutting into their business, and government didnt like it because his "cult"ure was a tax exempt religion

He engaged in the largest domestic espionage act against the US government in history - and won. He also set about charging huge huge fees for services that didnt produce results and were contingent on being solved by new material produced by him, with the sad part being that he died before releasing all the levels he spoke of.

For some fun look up some of these affirmaitons that were dug up during a court case and see for yoruself what was on his mind

http://www.lermanet.com/reference/Admissions.pdf
>>
File: cringe.gif (314KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.gif
314KB, 500x282px
>>8683664
>http://www.lermanet.com/reference/Admissions.pdf

Thanks for this, based anon.
>>
>>8680929
>scared to read
could be your thetans controlling you breh
>>
>>8680929
>I see myself as a godlike patrician
Thanks for reminding me why I barely visit this board anymore
Remember when we used to sagebomb anyone that posted "Pleb" or "Patrician"
>>
>>8681452
>L Ron Hubbard isnt that wrong,

They had turbine-generated cars that went about 275 miles an hour. They ran with a high whine. I notice they've just now invented the motor again. And they had tracks that were booby-trapped with atom bombs, and they had side bypasses. The tracks were mined, and the grandstands were leaded-paned.
- Hubbard, lecture of 3 January 1960

OP: even if he did it ironically.. he's still doing it.
>>
>>8683855
He's clearly using it ironically.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.