[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post the best short story writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MTgxNjYxMTk1.jpg (147KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTgxNjYxMTk1.jpg
147KB, 1200x1200px
Post the best short story writers
>>
H. Murakami.
>>
I enjoyed Alice Munro's collection "Dear Life."
>>
File: gogol.jpg (38KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
gogol.jpg
38KB, 400x500px
The one and only.
>>
>>8679519
Son of a bitch is so underrated. He was a genius and way ahead of his time, a lot of his shit is a blend of surrealism/absurdism/modernism/postmodernism in the early to mid 19th century, he had a great, poetic style that you can tell is great even in translation, was fucking hilarious and moreover clearly a deeply sane, sympathetic, and far-seeing writer, a great psychologist and capable of being very moral without saccharinity. Dostoyevsky fucking revered him and so does NABOKOV, who hates Dostoyevsky, that's how you can tell the son of a bitch is good.

Reading Dead Souls was maybe one of the greatest reading experiences of my life, that book is so underrated when talking about 19th century literature and the Russian greats in general, he's often overshadowed by Dosty and Tolstoy, but this son of a bitch is like Kafka and Dostoyevsky and Nabokov blended together before any of them were even writing.
>>
>>8679676
what translation of his stories did you read?
>>
>>8679676
>Nabokov's subjective opinion means Gogol is objectively good
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.