[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plagarism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: flying cat.jpg (68KB, 839x627px) Image search: [Google]
flying cat.jpg
68KB, 839x627px
Hey /lit/, how do you respond to an accusation of plagiarism?

After turning in a half-baked research paper abstract for grading, my English professor accused me of plagiarizing and slapped a zero on the assignment. It's is a first for me, and I have no idea how to approach this. What do?
>>
Did he provide proofs
>>
>>8673439
Checking for this kind of thing is simple for professors. It would probably be easy for him to provide proof.

OP you blew this one- hopefully your grade is enough to cushion the fall, if not you hopefully have enough time to mend it.
>>
>>8673439
Outside my thesis not being especially clear and specific, nope. I did formulate the thing on a late night homework binge, but I guess it was just vague enough to trigger something.

>>8673442
That's the unfortunate thing, we've had only a handful of graded work and this paper is so heavily weighted it dropped me significantly.

I just hope whatever algorithm their plagiarism checker uses doesn't trigger on the final draft, but if it hit on an hour of typing bullshit I'm not optimistic.
>>
But if you didn't plagiarize, why are you letting him get away with that? Even if it was a shitty paper, your teacher is supposed to tell you what and where and from where the plagiarized passage is, so that at least you know what you did wrong.

You should talk to him, otherwise say it is baseless accusation until he provides proof.
>>
>>8673433

How fucking helpless are you, to need the users of a Chinese cartoon imageboard to tell you how to defend yourself? You're too stupid to write your own papers, so your professor is probably right. Just hang yourself
>>
File: 1472844298559.jpg (112KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1472844298559.jpg
112KB, 1280x853px
>>8673433
With how you've reacted, or lack thereof, one is safe to assume that you willingly took a risk when writing your paper.

What was it that you wrote (and in what way) that would trigger a professor to believe, and accuse you of plagiarism?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.