[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the best philosopher and why is it Hegel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

Who is the best philosopher and why is it Hegel?
>>
Kierkegaard
>>
>>8670125
I agree
>>
>>8670130
sleep tight kierkker
>>
me and my magnum opus 'my diary, desu'
>>
>>8670151
Just finishes writing this this morning. It's superb.
>>
>>8670121
Probably some current Professor who has a really good memory that has read the most best philosophy texts desu
>>
File: renahasaball.jpg (80KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
renahasaball.jpg
80KB, 1920x1080px
Hume. I get a sick sort of pleasure watching him ruin all hope for knowledge and certainty.

I don't get Hegel. I don't get what he's trying to accomplish. I don't get how his writing accomplishes anything. And I don't get how anyone can find him relevant today.
>>
>>8670404
>reason can't be used to no nuffin!!
>I know because of reasoning

Empiricism is stupid.
>>
Glad you stayed in Berlin, you fucking fraud.

Thank you Cholera-chan.
>>
File: 1422219574345.gif (137KB, 290x358px) Image search: [Google]
1422219574345.gif
137KB, 290x358px
>>8670945
People have misunderstood Hegel's last words "only one man has ever understood me and he didn't understand me" as referring to Hegel himself or his students but it was actually him admitting to being an obscurantist charlatan.
>>
>>8670121
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." -Albert Einstein
>>
>>8670121
I blame Hegel for unleashing the plague of the SJW on this earth. Critical theory is worst meme of them all
>>
File: Hm.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
Hm.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>8671703

Hegel was actually surprisingly conservative, if you read his letters/correspondence outside of the actual philosophy itself.

I think the Left Hegelians got it all wrong. The Right Hegelians were probably closer to what Hegel was thinking, but it's too late now. Left Hegelians won the war.
>>
Have any of you paueds actually read Hegel? How do you attack his dense bibliography? Do you read chronologically/what kind of work should you be familiar with prior to reading?
>>
>>8671767
Have you?
>>
>>8671767

I'm >>8671733, and yes to all 3. I've acquainted myself both with Hegel's main works and everything surrounding them.

I'm very glad I did, he introduced me to Winckelmann (among others).
>>
>>8671767
He literally said that Philosophy of History and Aesthetics are for the casuals that are first gen literates.
>>
>>8671777
Of course not, that's why I was asking how you read them.
>>8671784
Any recs for secondary sources/commentaries?
>>8671835
Literally thank you for filling me in.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.