[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bluebook 20th Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 81XDb5o3hlL.jpg (463KB, 1583x2560px) Image search: [Google]
81XDb5o3hlL.jpg
463KB, 1583x2560px
Anons,

I am a dumb poor piece of shit law student that spilled coffee all over my Bluebook and ruined it (along with my phone, but I can't download a phone). I have found the 19th Edition (978-0615361161, published 2010) on BookZZ, but have had no luck finding the 20th (978-0692400197, published 2015) in any format on any of the usual sources.

If one of you have come across this before, please save my ass. Thanks.
>>
>>8669810
There are so few changes between editions that the 19th will likely serve you perfectly well. Also, as a law student, through your library/journal/whatever shouldn't you have access to the online version?

Also, what year and tier?
>>
>>8669819
different guy but also a law student, figure id hop in this thread

1L at T14 here, it's alright. Bluebook seems pointless desu I don't care about being slave labor for the law review.
>>
>>8669819

My university is apparently wealthy enough to give us full access to all the major legal research databanks, but makes us buy the fucking Bluebook. And I'd love to have access to the online version, but they don't offer that, the cheap fucks, unless you're on Journal.

I'm a 1L, at a first tier.
>>
>>8669825

Even if I thought I didn't want to be on journal, none of the big law firms in the state will hire me without it. And I'm not at a T14, so I kind of have to bust ass not to be a failure.
>>
>>8669810
I've found the 20th, use this link:
pan.baidu.com/share/link?uk=252934535&shareid=412687645

Use the download button (the one with 66.2M), then choose the white button (to the right of the blue button)
>>
>>8669835
What are you citing that you can't just pull the cite format from Westlawnext/google/whatever or that the 19th edition doesn't work? Obscure Portuguese water regulations?

Also, are you really saying that your library or journal doesn't have a single copy they can lend out? That, to me, screams "don't go here our job placement rates are probably shit."
>>
>>8669858

Downloading it now, you beautiful son of a bitch.
>>
>>8669865

I have a citation test to get on Journal. So yeah, they're going to be sneaky fucks and make sure I have the right version.

We have copies, but they're all out right now. I'm not confident of my ability to fight someone for it. Also, half the library is in boxes, the campus just moved.
>>
>>8669858

Oh praise Jesus, it's searchable too. I'd give you my foreskin if I still had it, anon.
>>
>>8669880
>I have a citation test to get on Journal
Ah, that makes sense. Good luck!
>>
>>8669896
T-that's nice to hear
>>
>>8669810
Switch to the ALWD book. I hate the BB because of their stupid system of writing everything in the larger and smaller caps. The state rules in the back are annoying to pick through too. ALWD has them charted out all nice and good like
>>
>>8669810
>coffee spill made book unreadable
SSsssssssssuuuurrre
>>
>>8669865
Westlaw/etc. frequently has small mistakes. If you rely on that to generate your footnotes, you'll look stupid.

OP, just buy the subscription at legalbluebook.com (or something like that). It is searchable and makes using the BB much easier.
>>
>>8670326
Large and small caps are requirements in various citation forms (books, online content, etc.). BB, like it or not, is the definitive resource if you want your writing published or if you plan on litigating at a high level.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.