[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would his suicide note have been like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (357KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
357KB, 750x500px
What would his suicide note have been like?
>>
>>8669299
This was water.
>>
File: dave.jpg (167KB, 529x705px) Image search: [Google]
dave.jpg
167KB, 529x705px
>>8669302
Reminder that this was a flesh and blood human being, a real tortured soul, who's death you're joking about. I mean, I know in the internet age its easy to become jaded and hardened, and I don't want to be a spoilsport. But I think when things get really rough and tumble as they often do on a site like 4chan, we lose sight of the fact that Wallace, regardless of what you think of his work, was a person just like you and me, and there's a certain level of respect he deserves because of that anon

AHA JUST KIDDING FUCKING GREAT POST ANON MY SIDES KEK
>>
>>8669299

Open your copy of Infinite Jest and (re)read pages 692-698.
>>
>>8669299
who was him?
>>
>>8669299
WALLACE?
"..."
>>
His entire work was a suicide note
>>
>>8669299
He did have a suicide letter but his selfish cunt widow wont release it
>>
I though IJ was alright. Pretty cool, but not this amazing work of perfection. I guess I'm just not intellectual enough to truly appreciate it. It's a shame he killed himself.
>>
>>8669497
I don't think he was going to perfection. He was just going for like some kind of comic world that was somewhat relatable. Witty people might enjoy it more because they pick up on more things but I thought it was generally something everyone could understand/relate with
>>
"fuck"
>>
File: 1476657363812.jpg (61KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1476657363812.jpg
61KB, 640x628px
>>8669299
"I cannot stand the thought of being worshipped by hordes of community college dropouts on a Mongolian arts & crafts forum."
>>
>>8669299

hundreds of typewritten sheets
a number of loosely connected vignettes
the whole intimating an inchoate story of something being about to happen but ending before actually happening
still neatly arranged
carefully placed and lit in his garage
>>
A document filled with no discernible talent.
>>
>>8669538

>tfw I had this view of The Pale King
>and read it anyway
>>
>>8669484
This, tbqhfamalam
>>
>>8669299
Massive fag
>>
>>8669327
> 692-698.

Can someone post the opening sentence or 692 so I can try to find it?
>>
>>8669299
[0]
>>
>>8669692
In the pic related version, first full paragraph on 692 starts with "and re Ennet House resident Kate Gompert and this depression issue: some psychiatric patients..." and then the probably most famous "the so-called 'psychotically depressed' person..." passage specifically starts on 696 which I only bring up because I see people talk about it all the time and I thought it was way earlier in the book.
>>
>>8670451
I thought that story about the guy with the trains was sad as fuck too.
>>
>>8669513
witty is the wrong word.
pretentiously self-indulgent is the right word.
>>
>>8669299
"Who the hell stole my microwave? I was going to use it today! :( "
>>
>>8670850
> pretentiously self-indulgent is the right word
which word? I believe the word you're looking for is "phrase"

> I got two words for you: PAR-TY!!!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.