[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shakespeare plotholes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Shakespeare.jpg (2MB, 1943x2489px) Image search: [Google]
Shakespeare.jpg
2MB, 1943x2489px
In one of the first scenes in Romeo and Juliet, supposedly the greatest work of literature in the English language, a servant approaches Romeo asking for help reading a list, a list of names he is supposed to invite to the house of the Capulets, which triggers a tragic chain of events.
Does this earinged hack expect us to believe an illiterate servant walked out the door with the list in his hand, only to realize a while after that HE CAN'T READ THE GODDAMN THING?
Why is this shit lauded when it doesn't even follow basic reason?
>>
>>8669241
wtf I hate Shakespeare now
>>
>>8669241
It's a deliberate self-insert allusion to his own hackery. He was, indeed, a genius
>>
Protip: no-one reads Shakespeare for the plot. His are always ridiculously contrived and slapdash.
>>
>>8669241

You have to remember that Shakespeare wrote plays to be performed in front of the most degenerate audiences you can imagine. People showing up to these events were rowdy, drunk, high, and ready to party.

An event like that was fucking HILARIOUS to those people.
>>
yeah, I mean, in the Comedy of Errors how did they not recognize that the twins were probably wearing different clothes, or if they were wearing the same clothes how are we supposed to believe they were dressed the same? Awful. What a hack
>>
Either this is bait or you have no reading comprehension. Capulet gives the servant the list and then leaves immediately, the servant states that he cannot read and says he will find someone who can "I must to the learned." At that moment Romeo walks into the room and the servant asks him for help.
>>
Yeah, like, how is Richard III not Richard II's kid? wtf
>>
In The Tempest are we just supposed to believe that there are magical spirits on this island? WTF? there's no such thing!
>>
File: 286675.jpg (41KB, 296x475px) Image search: [Google]
286675.jpg
41KB, 296x475px
Sorry to hear you're an idiot OP. This is an interesting book that poses questions about the plots of various plays.

There are simple errors such as Bohemia being on the coast in The Winter's Tale and clocks that strike the hour in Julius Caesar. Or there are more complex issues such as how time passes in Othello.

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/plays/othello/timeinothello.html
>>
>>8669241
>I don't know what a plothole is.
>>
>>8669364
holy... I've got to burn my oxford complete shakespeare
>>
>>8669419
I think that it's autistic to care about stuff like this
>>
>>8669419
>>8670074

I do, too. That's why it's funny to me to hear people cite it in the authorship question. I mean, at one point he even says Milan is on the coast. It's just ridiculous.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.