[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

strange curios on your shelves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
c'mon, let's see the deep weirdness of y'all's libraries. misprints, limited runs, occult or just plain fucked up.

as far as i can tell, this was written by a norwegian guy. it was not well translated.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
it's about a crippled autist who lives in a nursing home. he sits in front of his computer and is leader of a virtual cult, like second life. the cult beliefs are basic new-age gnosticism but the conspiracy driving the plot is laughably bad.
>>
File: m666.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
m666.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
I have a copy of this book. It's accurate research into the big globalist families and their links to powerful organizations, complete with names and charts... Mixed with Christian numerology and off the wall interpretations of Revelations.

I stole it from my ex's mother years ago, and assume it's #rare
>>
File: El-ejército-iluminado.jpg (197KB, 478x768px) Image search: [Google]
El-ejército-iluminado.jpg
197KB, 478x768px
I am not in my house atm so i cant take pictures of the book but this
is about some children with the downs trying to invade texas and retake it for mexico
>>
>>8663335
Is there an English translation?
>>
>>8663932
as far as i know, no.
>>
>>8663335
My god, that is such a lovely cover.
>>
>>8663152
>numerology

Discarded
>>
>>8663335
you should translate this and green post it
>>
File: elbert1.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
elbert1.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Probably the only thing in my collection you couldn't find on the shelf at your local book retailer.
>>
File: elbert2.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
elbert2.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8664923
It's nothing insanely interesting, but it is a neat collection of a man's thoughts on life, and is almost like a window into a long-gone mindset.

I picked it up at a yard sale for a dollar.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
This is a book by Kant from 1884 in German Kurrent, with a note, also in Kurrent but handwritten, haven't figured out what it says yet but I think it's related to personal finances...
>>
File: 1335218647063.jpg (61KB, 1205x881px) Image search: [Google]
1335218647063.jpg
61KB, 1205x881px
>>8665013
>related to finance
>Naturgeschichte des Himmels
>>
File: eraser.jpg (236KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
eraser.jpg
236KB, 1800x900px
>>8665013
>>
>>8665069
the note, not the book
(my english is bad, i know)
>>
My Mirror Book desu
>>
>>8663098

Since getting my own place in the city, I've built up a collection of common "edgelord" stuff that I was vaguely aware of for years but much of which I didn't want to have displayed on the shelf while living with mummy and daddy, much of which I've bought in person at bookstores, generally using cash. The pleb edgelord library includes the following, but I will follow it up with non-edgy oddities:

Lavey's Satanic Bible and companion volume Satanic Rituals

Principia Discordia

A selection of Crowley books from Weiser: Gems from the Equinox, Blue Equinox, Book of Thoth, Book of the Law, 777, Book of Lies.

Solomonic grimoires: lesser key of solomon, key of soloman (contains a sator square), Mathers/Crowley Goetia.

The first two books in the Simon Necronomicon series (the second being a tiny reprint of certain material in the first).

Three very tall, thin Giger books: Necronomicon (the one that impressed Ridley Scott and compelled him to seek out Giger to design the Alien), Necronomicon II, Biomechanoids. I have another 3-4 Giger books.

A copy of Sade's 120 days of Sodom (and other writings), of which I've read the front part (the very long indroduction) and the latter three parts where things go maximum edgy. I really should finish reading the middle bit (the first part, the body of the completed text) at some point.

Mein Kampf (of course)

A selection of leftist texts which are not nearly so "edgy" as the above for the simple fact that they are accorded a measure of respect/historical importance in the academy: gommunist manifesto, mao's little red book (both required reading during college desu), and Capital. Recently read Society of the Spectacle largely because I realized I could actually bring that book to work without arousing much curiosity from anyone.

-Standard Abrahamic texts. KJV, Quran, and a Tanakh with parallel Hebrew while we're at it. even a book of Mormon, the Apocrypha proper, and other esoteric bible books.

-Wisconsin Death Trip, a collection of newspaper clippings from 1890s Wisconsin: Moral: people have been doing weird, goofy, macabre shit forever. One of the more genuinely interesting books I've mentioned so far.

-Not-edgy, just strange: I also have a copy of Whitehead and Russell's Principia Mathematica (doomed to failure but still of some historical interest); I scanned and printed the extra material from a second edition in order to prepare myself a complete personal copy.

Honestly, most of this has been about the simple act of satisfying my own curiosity and enjoying my freedoms, rather than a sincere subscription to any particular flavor of edginess (apart from my own personal atheism).

This is (some of) the material that I actually want to read, for the above reasons. I'd actually like to finish reading it all but I don't want to take most of these books with me to work to read on break, for reasons that ought to be obvious.

*tips* :^)
>>
>>8665301

Why is it that atheists are so attracted to the occult? Do you just delight in reading things superficially and then feeling better than them?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.