[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 19288239.jpg (29KB, 295x453px) Image search: [Google]
19288239.jpg
29KB, 295x453px
Theory:
Haida was an alternate person of Tsukuru, That night when Tsukuru had the dream that he was having sex with Shiro, Kuro, and eventually Haida... Haida (The alternate or second personality of Tsukuru) while up north (visiting family) was actually up north to murder Shiro then to disappear.
Both of these events happened around the exact same time.
>>
>>8662938
cool idea but from what i remember it was just weird dreams.

and not a lot to them
>>
>>8662956
Mate it's Murakami... right after these "weird dreams" Haida disappears forever, there has to be connection between the two. And as even more evidence, Tsukuru saw Haida in the corner of his room as like a dark shadow, when Tsukuru talks with Kuro and gets the story from her, she describes Shrio's death as if a "dark shadow" slipped into her apartment.

No author is going to spend 4 chapters writing about a character for him to have no significance at all in the story...
>>
this would actually lend a bit of sense to some weird tidbits; the swimming right on haida's heel, the record they shared, tsukuru never traveling to his place, the younger slightly more perfect but all the same almost surreal aspect of himself, excelling at all; hmmm

now you've got me thinking about an otherwise unremarkable book, fuck
>>
>>8662989
Murakami WOULD spend 4 chapters writing about a character for him to have no significance at all in the story.

A theme of the story was that random things happen that change the course of your life forever. Shiro getting raped was pure chance, and we're not supposed to have an explanation for blaming Tsukuru. It was random and unexplained, and Tsukuru had no control over it. Haida coming into Tsukuru's life then disappearing is another instance of this random act, and the helplessness of preventing it, as is his girlfriend who appears and then disapears from his life when she leaves him at the end (To no real fault of Tsukuru).

A huge theme of the plot is that Tsukuru is a victim, and at the mercy of random chance.

If Haida was actually Tsukuru, and Tsukuru actually raped Shiro, then all the misfortune that occurred to Tsukuru was warranted, and the major theme has been broken. I thought that was where the book was going too, but afterwards when it ended so simply, I realized It would detract from the book for the sake of a wacky plot twist ending that doesn't add anything at all to the themes.

Its a nice theory though, but its contrived because a lot of our western narratives contain unnecessary shock plot twists for the sake of a good story, and I don't think Colorless Tsukuru needs it.
>>
>>8663811
When it comes to Murakami's work, it's either a hit or miss.
There's those who ponder about the hidden meanings within the book, and search for the symbolism.
And there is those who read Murakami taking everything in literal as if it was a non-fiction novel.

Don't fall for the "meme" that Murakami is just a shit writer (He can be in your opinion), but don't naive enough to think he's filled a quarter of this book full of garbage and pointless shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.