[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analysis of life with some 1984 references

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: hunger_kafka.jpg (203KB, 417x498px) Image search: [Google]
hunger_kafka.jpg
203KB, 417x498px
My whole philosophy on life, is that I don't think people should have a problem with people; they should take issue with the way behavior effects the order of the world around them. People aren't like computers, people are delicate and not based on hierarchies of intelligence and information; we're prone to mistakes and totally lack of judgment. A lot of times there's really no clear right or wrong for anything. That's why I find it so difficult to get along in a world where people basically base their judgments off of the primitive parts of their brain, like fear hatred and disgust; those aren't connected to higher thinking parts of the brain, responsible for things like rational thinking. So when I live in a world where people have problems with other people, just instinctively, not as though there's any reason attached to it; not based on any sort of hierarchy, or really any intelligence at all, but instead based on base emotions; I start to feel paranoid that I'm living in an orwellian sort of society. In a way I am.
Because generally accepted points of view in general aren't based off of reason, they're based off of group think. And people hold judgments based on superficial levels, not based off of any sort of complex means of intelligence. It's like, everyone is goldstein, and everyone is big brother, combined.
Because we can't know what other people are thinking, we can never judge people fairly. If everyone knew exactly what someone else was thinking, all the time, no one would ever hate or judge anyone. That's this core problem that I struggle with every single day, and it's like cataclysmic war inside my head every day, trying to deal with all these issues.
>>
This is why I am so excited for artificial intelligence, I crave to live in a world where robot intelligence, based entirely off of rational thinking, finally becomes a part of our civilization. Can you imagine how benevolent such a creature would be? People weren't even capable of imagining the sort of divine fairness that an intelligence based entirely off of rationality would feel, when they invented god.
>>
File: TAY_c0-179-487-462_s885x516.jpg (61KB, 885x516px) Image search: [Google]
TAY_c0-179-487-462_s885x516.jpg
61KB, 885x516px
>>8660666
What makes you think an AI wouldn't result in something like PKDs The Defenders or even worse?

People who dream about the benefit of a more reason than feels based AI society don't seem to understand, that without our empathie which is void of reason results could be worse than the mechanical extermination under Hitler. Even killing someone isn't categorically bad nor is keeping someone alive and "healthy" the best way to exist.

Also you don't seem to think that an AI would be able to evolve systems like empathie on their own with time. In the end we're nothing more than very complex biological machines. What would happen if they would evolve beyond our understanding and decide that simply letting us die out (eg through sterilisation or painless euthanasia) would be the best way to go for us, because we wouldn't need to suffer any more (and make other living reatures suffer).

Your divine fairness would result in "AI works in mysterious ways".

Additionally, such systems exist already eg in the american criminal justice system. And thanks to he fact that humans simply don't like "hatefacts" it's called "racist" because it shows without mercy which groups tend to be more criminal than others and punishes them accorrdingly.
>>
>>8660650
It's because you are ugly and they are hot.
>>
>>8660834
It's our only hope. There's a possibility we could conceive of such a being. It's conceivable because we can imagine it, it's feasible. No great obstacles stand in the way of this goal besides some very complicated moral and programming challenges. And yes, I am fully aware that our intelligence is nothing special, you're preaching to the preacher; I've been saying that for such a long time. The entire world needs to reform the way it thinks, because human beings are too stupid to do it themselves.
>>
>>8660888
>It's our only hope. There's a possibility we could conceive of such a being
"Of such a being" dude you write like a faggot about the faggiest shit just kys.
>>
>>8660888
>because human beings are too stupid to do it themselves.

So you entrust our future to a programmed being generated by a creature which isn't even able to not fuck up itself?
In the end we will feed it with our values which are basing on things you doesn't want it to have, like feelings.

Maybe it's time to accept that it's simply our "fate". I'm not sure if humans are able to be happy in a perfect society. We have evolved to be problem solvers and if there aren't enough problems we tend to create our own and go apeshit.
>>
>>8660937
hork hork hork good one my intelligent brethren, we sure showed this lower thinking cancerous fag that his existence is futile hork hork hork white power white power white power white power white power
>>
>>8660960
t. Jeremy, 15, currently studying for his art GCSE
>>
File: 134234234530.gif (489KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
134234234530.gif
489KB, 497x373px
>>8660650
Had the same problem for a long time but it turned out the solution was both simple and elegant.

Don't care/think about other people. Don't analyze or ponder how or if they think or what emotions/desires drive their actions even if their actions make no logical sense. Just look inwards instead of outwards and care about your desires, your goals and how you will (or try to) become the perfect you in every possible way. Such a goal will never be achieved of course but it does keep you occupied, makes your life better both as a result and because you no longer occupy your thoughts with how everyone else functions.

To be sure, I am not talking about giving yourself a moral card blanche to consider others lesser or to trample over them in order to reach your goals, the golden rule stands above this way of living. Also neither does this mean that you shouldn't care or look out for people like family or close friends but it does mean that you have to let go of trying to "fix" them, to get them to be something they aren't which I imagine you have tried (and failed) to do in the past.
>>
File: a_huxley.jpg (1MB, 2221x1332px) Image search: [Google]
a_huxley.jpg
1MB, 2221x1332px
>>8660666
>666
How fitting
>Urizen detected
>>8661830
>>
>>8661920
>mean that you have to let go of trying to "fix" them, to get them to be something they aren't which I imagine you have tried (and failed) to do in the past.
It's not so much that as I just worry about what everyone thinks. Thanks for you advice though.
>>
>>8661946
>worry about what everyone thinks
Thinks of you or in general? I see no reason to care about either one of those scenarios unless you are referring to someone you care about, in which case all you can do is offer help and hope said person will accept. Should he/she deny your help then as hard as it can be you have to let go.

I believe that the core of a man can't change, baring life events no normal human has power over, so you can't do or say anything (in the boundaries of moral behavior) to turn the people you described in the OP into something more/else, something closer to what you (and me) want others to be. You can't stop them from thinking what they are thinking.

Maybe this belief helps me to internalize this way of life.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.