[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do about my writings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Dune.jpg (102KB, 625x542px) Image search: [Google]
Dune.jpg
102KB, 625x542px
>Wrote a lot during high school about a personal story for my eyes only, including a full manuscript that got deleted on accident, but I remember it very fondly, as I used it as escapism from school

>Wrote upwards into college and after I write on and off snippets of it, it's turned into my own personal little hobby/world/work and I love it for what it is

>I was going to adapt it to a webcomic format and basically keep it to myself, which I have some characters designed and world locations created

>I wrote random parts of it, and slowly filled in the gaps, but there are still large chunks missing

>I am not an experienced writer, but I would like to finish this, if not only for my own benefit, it's more of a personal hobby, not looking to make money off of it

>I have the some of the major plots out in my head, but filling in the inbetweens are becoming a little overwhelming, as I am trying to put some heavy focus on a few characters and well, their character

>Atm, it's mainly a jumbled mess, how do I move forward, I am at a bit of a loss?
>>
write an outline
(it helps to start with the three act structure)
>>
>>8659224

I've done the three act structure, although the story is going to span about maybe three books, each with the major arc and little ones in between.

I have the basic three act structure for the main three, but for the first which I'm working on is going very slowly, when I get into the "zone" of just pumping paragraph after paragraph I get new ideas, and jot them down. So many ideas that I lose the majority of them, and it becomes really frustrating. It all becomes clear at a few glimmering moments on and off and I wish I could write faster, and faster, and faster, to the point I would be writing at a god speed. I then get flashes of characters, locations, scenes, dialogue, feelings, color, designs, etc. But I lose all the ideas and am only left with the sweet remnants of what was left.

Then, I am left at where I stopped from. From the grinding process of writing from beginning to end, from my random splurt of inspiration.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want for the main plot points in all three works, but I just get overloaded with ideas and designs to the point I just short-circuit myself out.
>>
>>8659287

Some writer (Eco maybe?) said that he never took jotted down ideas because if he forgot it, then it clearly wasn't worth remembering in the first place

My advice is to just think about the first arc in your story and write that whole thing out first

A story changes while you're writing it and after you've done the first draft - there's no point procrastinating by planning and replanning without having completed the first draft
>>
>>8659287
just bee your self :)
keep a notepad around, write truncated notes.
>>
>>8659516
Stephen King said that.
>>
>>8659524

Well, shit....

But like most writing advice, it's nice to keep in mind and sometimes applicable
>>
>>8659516

Okay, so basically just try to grind that darn thing out first, sentence by sentence?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.