[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

underground literature ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3809.jpg (94KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3809.jpg
94KB, 722x1280px
For an art project I'm doing underground culture; I have to find 3 aspects of it. I have come up with underground film, music and literature.
However I have no idea how to classify "underground literature" i need examples for a page in my project so could anyone show any examples or tell me how to classify or define underground literature?
>>
>>8658595
Are you looking for contemporary examples or can it be historical stuff?
>>
>>8658595
bottom's dream probably. start with the greeks. holy... i want more... dfw
>>
my rap battles desu
>>
>>8658595
The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra
The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters
My Diary Desu
>>
>>8658626
Hypersphere
Yurope and Yurope 2
Tails Gets Trolled
Behead All Satans
The Magnificent Third Rail
The Secret In The Basement
My Immortal
Doom: Repercussions of Evil
>>
Richard Brautigan. Any of the California literary "zine" crowd of the '60s and '70s except maybe Bukowski because of his subsequent popularity (or maybe you could still include him). There was an alt lit movement to the Beats, on the West Coast, who were certainly lesser-known.
>>
If you want something slightly more exotic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samizdat
>>
>>8658636
Yeah the Communications Company has a couple scans up if you want http://www.diggers.org/Communication-Company-Archives/index.html

Or this guy has a theory
http://markdery.com/?p=51#more-51
>>
obscure fanfics, how much more underground does it get?
>>
>>8658595
hebdige poor you nobody likes hebdige
>>
>>8658595
Pamphlets being given out in major city squares
>>
>>8658677
You mean like chick tracts and things with random bible verses?
>>
>>8658595
You would do best to look into three aspects of one of those things instead of three entire media.
>>
>>8658604
Contemporary stuff
>>
>>8658704
see

>>8658626
>>8658634
>>8658654
>>
>>8658595
Stephen King's books.
>>
you can try to look for literature related to your underground film and music choices, you can go with fanfic as people here suggested (which would actually be pretty interesting), or find works your other medias were based on.

if not, use spiritual/occult books. they're "underground" enough.
>>
who is in op's pic? she looks beautiful
>>
>>8658804
>she looks beautiful
>gormless mouthbreather with turkey neck
>>
>>8658622
Underrated
>>
>>8658811
She's white, more than enough for me.
>>
>>8658811
Gobble gobble
>>
>>8658689
Yes. Go to any major east coast city and you will find political, religious, and social groundlevel movements in print and being handed out.
>>
>>8658869
don't get me banned by posting a pic of a baby with ichthyosis
>>
>>8658595
>However I have no idea how to classify "underground literature"

You might want to look into independent publishers. Wherever there's censorship, there's likely going to underground writing. Most of it would probably be political or religious conspiracy shit, but there were a number of gay comics distributed back in the day when ratings boards went mainstream and effectively censored all of that.
>>
Also hipster coffee shops that advertise independent books. I'm sure you will find some real shit there.
>>
>>8658879
Yes, specifically look at a press called FC2 (Fiction Collective 2).
More specifically, look at books The Orange Eats Creeps (Grace Krilanovich) (It's really good) and Crystal Eaters (Shane Jones)

Also, although this exmaple is considered more "literary," although still highly avant garde and contested within literary circles, the collection It Was Like My Trying To Have A Tender Hearted Nature by Diane Williams (her work is really, really cool).
>>
>>8658595
She's pretty.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.