[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANGLO LIT BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: goat_of_goats.jpg (96KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
goat_of_goats.jpg
96KB, 720x540px
> Henry IV - Shakespeare & Marlowe
> Macbeth - Shakespeare & Middleton
> Measure for Measure - Shakespeare & Middleton

Harold Bloom's entire career has been BTFO'd. Anglo supremacist culture on suicide watch. Anglo romanticization of lone genius BTFO. French literature reigns supreme. It takes at least 3 anglos to write the quality of one Montaigne or one Rousseau.

"B-But muh Milton!" top kek, don't even fucking try.
>>
>>8657101
I'm so proud to be a white man
>>
French are the niggers of Europe
>>
marlowe had marginal contributions to henry vi, NOT to either part of henry iv (the later and far superior plays).

Likewise, Middleton's contributions to Macbeth are literally shit tier and the worst parts of the play.
>>
>>8657101
Montaigne and Rousseau don't write plays

Why the comparison?
>>
>>8657111
Rousseau certainly did. Probably mixed up Montaigne and Molière.
>>
File: 7483755_orig.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
7483755_orig.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>8657101
>French literature reigns supreme.

You just proved yourself a pleb.
>>
>>8657126
ONLY ONE CENTURY
>>
>>8657126
who is the littlest guy?
>>
>>8657111
Why claim Shakespeare as the greatest ever when Dante, Homer, Proust, etc "didn't write plays?" Nice cop-out.

Shakespeare probably loved Cervantes and he co-wrote a play with Fletcher on an episode from Don Quixote.

Shakespeare wrote in collaboration and Anglos literally shit their pants when you bring this up. See
>>8657108
Middleton edited the entire play of Macbeth. That's why it's so tight. Middleton cut out all of Shakespeare's crap lines.

The reason why Shakespeare seems so diverse a persona, open to many interpretations is that he always worked in collaboration, with other playwrights and actors. Even Pynchon acknowledges that in Shakespeare's time it was common for plays to be written by ~6 different people.
>>
>>8657101
Except it hasn't been accepted that Marlowe did Henry VI by Shakespeare scholars, just in the opinion of the ones doing OUP.
>>
>>8657189
>opinion

They have textual evidence.

This >>8657142 is an opinion.
>>
>>8657189
They have more evidence than Harold Bloom, who says simply "I'm not convinced Middleton edited Macbeth."
>>
>>8657219
>They have textual evidence.

And their interpretation of that textual evidence is an opinion.

Other experts have cast doubt on the idea that Marlowe, who was the biggest playwright in London at the time, would collaborate with a no-name like Shakespeare who had never written a play before.
>>
>>8657233
Are you kidding? It's Shakespeare, he would be crazy not to collaborate if him, even if he was unknown at the time. It would go

Marlowe: Who in the bloody hell is this chap?
Marlowe's Friend: This is William Shakespeare.
Marlowe: Oh shit.
>>
>>8657233
Congratulations on being completely ignorant to how plays were written, and on how playing companies were run.

Nearly all plays at the time were either co-authered or heavily edited, educate yourself fucking cretin.
>>
>>8657260
>Carol Rutter, professor of Shakespeare and performance studies at the University of Warwick, told BBC News: "It will still be open for people to make up their own minds. I don't think [Oxford University Press] putting their brand mark on an attribution settles the issue for most people."

I guess Carol Rutter is completely ignorant of how the plays were written too.
>>
File: Bulg.jpg (10KB, 300x469px) Image search: [Google]
Bulg.jpg
10KB, 300x469px
>>8657126
Bulgakov?
>>
>>8657286
Yes, and so is Bloom.

Sometimes people with tenure can be idiots.
>>
>>8657309
Tenure isn't part of UK universities.
>>
>>8657329
Don't ever talk back to me on this website.
>>
>>8657329
> MUH OXBRIDGE

the point of this thread is that anglo culture is deficient and moribund
>>
>>8657355
Of course, but you are doing a shit job of making that point so it might as well be about something vaguely factual.
>>
Shakespeare is the greatest genius who ever lived and makes other cultures butthurt as fuck.
>>
>>8657410
>Shakespeare is the greatest genius who ever lived

Greater than Einstein, Newton, Gauss, Euller, Beethoven, Mozarth, Bach, Michelangelo?
>>
>>8657102
Broken record
>>
>>8657433
same tier at least. arguably the greatest.
>>
>>8657433
great list, too. those would all have been among my picks for god tier genius.
>>
>>8657433
Yes.
>>
>>8657478
>>8657487
>>8657491

Not hating or anything, just genuinely curious: what would make Shakespeare greater than those other geniuses (if we can safely assume that they are the supreme ones on their areas)?

I always thought that it requires a greater intelligence to be extremely creative in mathematics and physics than in the arts.
>>
>>8657507
Because Shakespeare's art still hasn't surpassed him over 400 years later. He was, is, and likely will remain for a very long time the greatest writer who has ever lived, and it isn't even close.

There is nothing comparable. No other field of human endeavor has ever seen a man who was so far ahead of everybody else. We still haven't caught up to him.

Not of an age, but for all time.

Source: English major at Yale. Bloom beats this into my head literally every fucking day.
>>
>>8658161
What the sad old sack of shit hasn't realized is that both Cervantes and Rabelais are better than Shakespeare, and I'm trying to stick to his time period here.

Even Joyce is better thank Willy Shakes, accept it.
>>
>>8658203
>bloom's opinion
>anon's opinion

pick one
>>
>>8658237

Both are not good.

Shakespeare is the best, but Bloom is a terrible critic with no sense of style and language (the thing that makes Shakespeare the greatest of all time).
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.