[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Problem With Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tree.jpg (16KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
16KB, 300x246px
I have only recently have begun writing, and found it rather difficult to write the begging of the story. The middle and end are simple enough, but the start of everything is the most important as I see it, and its feels just horribly awkward when I begin the first paragraph.
I need advice. How do I engage the reader properly as well as smoothly?
>>
depends on the way you want to write stylistically.
>>
you spelled beginning wrong.
>>
Well i think the best you can do is get feedback from a friend who isnt afraid to be honest.

And to be willing to rewrite a lot i have the same thing and in my current project i have rewritten the first 3 chapters about 8-9 times i gave up and am rewriting the whole novel again...
>>
>>8656216
Start writing the beginning. It will be crap, but push through. Don't edit as you go.

Once you got like 10 pages, take away the first five and start the book there. Then edit, and you can take themes and whatnot from the other pages you wrote. I have the same problem as you and often this helps, not always tho. Keep writing.

>>8656227
You spelled iM A FUCKING COCK SUCKER WRONG
>>
>>8657475
THIS.
Do not edit as you go. Even if it's dog shit, push through and get a friend to tell you it's dog shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.