[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy D1vRidhyc This scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: the gambler.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
the gambler.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyD1vRidhyc
This scene is a meme worthy of high art.
>>
>>8655438
omg really makes u think xD

Thanks for posting this on the literature board
>>
File: VFS.jpg (90KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
VFS.jpg
90KB, 500x775px
>>8655438
>>
That was the worst fucking 3 minutes of my life. What a shitty movie.
>>
>Jim Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) is a Los Angeles literature professor with a severe gambling addiction caused by his view of the world as either having it all or having nothing
god fuck this movie
>>
I actually liked the movie. Including the /lit/ scenes.

So fuck all you fucking faggots.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQltDd14-Vc
This scene is a meme worthy of high art right?
>>
Oh great, now we're gonna have another million of these 20 year old "introverted" college chicks pretending to be artists on the internet
>Wow this scene describes me perfectly
>I'm gonna be a famous genius
>Even though I'm lazy as fuck and have no real talent
>>
>>8655531
you know they take themselves very seriously
>>
>>8655531

Please tell me BEE didn't put his name behind this...

Please, God...

I was just starting to enjoy his podcast...

Please God, no...
>>
>>8655531
I thought this was sincere for a minute but apparently it's satire. Still shit though
>>
>>8655438
>That one girl
>It's subjective, man. We all have something to offer.

What a perfect portrayal of your average uni student. Wake me up, f a m.
>>
>>8655438
Just from looking at the wiki of the plot of that movie he clearly does that because he's an insane lit prof who thinks that fate exists and its the only way to be special.
He nearly gets that girl killed, she gets interested in him, then barely survived a stupid xanatos gambit of his own creation.

The whole movie is about how much of an idiot he is. The scene taken out of context has the opposite meaning.
>>8655553
That girl given the plot of the movie is actually supposed to be the voice of reason, albeit deliberately portrayed as annoying because she doesn't want to go gamble other people's lives for money.
>>
>>8655603
>That girl given the plot of the movie is actually supposed to be the voice of reason

I'm not surprised, after all this isn't Tarkovsky's Stalker...
>>
>>8655533
You just described /lit/
>>
>>8655438
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry:

Marky Mark for The Gambler
>>
>writing is a natural talent that cannot be learned or improved upon
>that paper-thin rhetoric meant to appeal to mid-west college age women
>that professor's whole suit and style of speaking
Is this a parody of something?
>>
>>8655438
looks kind of like franzen... honestly
>>
>>8655531
I can't be mad when this is clearly self-aware. But idk, almost always when something like this is self-aware is usually to convey some moralistic message to "you aren't what you wear, we all have something special, appearances are just a shell" that ruins the entire thing.
I would like a for once something this self-aware but also shameless in their shallow and even nihilistic point of view. Something like the female version of "the wolf of wall street".
>inb4 some leftist get annoyed by my comment
>>
>>8655803
No, women know that all too well. That's what Sex in the City was, mostly. They know they aren't perfect, they were taught to be demure and concentrate on appearances so they balance that constantly with the need for attention. Inevitably, they'll always err on the side of defending the woman who's self esteem is hurt because they all feel that way all the time.
Just today I heard on NPR about a guy who wrote a letter to a newspaper to tell ugly women to stop wearing yoga pants, the first thing the woman interviewed said 'well what if it was a woman who wrote that letter? She wouldn't feel safe."
I swear I listen to NPR because I enjoy my anger.
>>
The worst part is the whole "public vindication of the unpopular girl" shtick and the fact that half of the female college population relates to that character. Honestly it's kind of immoral to produce this kind of shit, because it convinces people (women in particular) that going to art school or taking a creative writing course is going to amount to jack shit. Just get a normal fucking job or be a stay at home mom, then you can hone your writing skills over time without fucking your whole life up because you thought 3 years of responding to prompts about social issues would turn you into a genius. People need to realise that society only really gets its supply of art from a few select people who are in the top 0.1% of their fields. Being an artist isn't a job, it's something that you can make money from if you're really talented at it.
>>
>>8655438
I bet if I was in that class he would come up to me instead.
>>
>>8655438
who the fuck wrote this?
>>
>>8656032
William Monahan based on The Gambler by James Toback
>>
File: 1476067070743.png (117KB, 384x420px) Image search: [Google]
1476067070743.png
117KB, 384x420px
>>8655438
>movie
Movies. MO. FUCKING. VIES
Are le kidding me???? Fuck off, pedo. >>>/tv/
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.